cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Link can't find my PC

Fel_Noctus
Honored Guest

Was playing vivecraft, opened OBS, started tinkering with what screen to record and airlink disconnected. Can not for the life of me reconnect. I did the exhaustive list of recommendations like uninstalling the oculus app in safe mode then deleting all oculus folders in app data, using repair on the app, factory resetting the headset, windows defender settings, disabling antivirus. Nothing works. The link cable is fine but airlink still can't find my pc anymore. Downloaded virtual desktop and worked right away...

What gives? Been using airlink for years with no issues and now this. I'm glad VD works but I'd rather go back to airlink.

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Fel_Noctus! We see you have run into some issues with Air Link. We understand how this can really slow down your ability to enjoy the awesome experience of VR. We are happy to be able to look into this for you in order to get you back to a smooth VR experience. Thank you for letting us know the troubleshooting steps you have attempted already. Here are some best practices for using Air Link. 

• Ensure that the network is set up correctly.
  • Ensure both devices are connected to the same network.
  • Ensure everything is up-to-date. 
  • Have the PC connected to the router or access point via Ethernet cable and not Wi-Fi.
  • The headset should be connected to Wi-Fi via the 5GHz band (AC or AX).
  • Router in the same room as the headset or in line-of-sight, and at least 1 m (3.3 ft) off the ground
  • Non-mesh network configuration

Keep in mind that If you have more than one headset, such as a Quest 2 or Quest Pro, you will need to disconnect one headset from the desktop app before being able to use the other.

If you are still running into issues with Air Link, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again, and we would be more than happy to continue to look into this further for you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello again! We wanted to reach out to you to see if you still need help with the Air Link issue you are having or if there is anything else we can help you with. If so, please feel free to reach out to us again at anytime, and we would be happy to continue to look into this for you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?