cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Link cant connect

TheRose1994
Level 2

Hello, I just got my quest 2 yesterday. I set up Air Link and played my steam games for 3 hours no problem. About an hour later I tried to connect again yet my headset can no longer connect to the PC. I have restarted the oculus app and the headset. The pc is not locked when I try and connect either. Wifi is fine. I am not sure what happened. Please help! 

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there TheRose1994! Welcome to the Oculus fam! It seems that you are having some issues with your headset unable to connect to your PC. We understand that you have restarted both the oculus app and the headset ,and to no avail the issue still persists! Not to worry we will provide you with troubleshooting steps to help get you back on track! 

We would like to let you know that:

• This will remove all data from the computer and allow you to set the software up from scratch. While most developers choose to have game data stored online. If you are concerned about losing game progress, I recommend reaching out to the developer to see where the game data is stored.
  • Completing this will also prevent you from refunding recent purchases
  • Depending on the download speed of your network connection, it may take some time to re-download the Oculus software.

1. Restart the computer in Safe mode
    • If you are familiar with the Task Manager, you could instead find the OVRService and stop it.
  2. (Optional) Back up your games by copying the following folder to a safe location:
    • C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software
  3. Uninstall Oculus Home, either by using the Uninstall Applications in the Windows settings or by using the following file:
    • C:\Program Files\Oculus\OculusSetup.exe
  4. Remove the following Oculus folders:
    • C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Oculus\
    • C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\OculusSetup\
    • C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Oculus\
    • C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Oculus\
    • C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\OculusClient\
    • C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
    • C:\Program Files\Oculus
  5. Restart the computer. This allows the drivers to fully uninstall, and other folders to be removed.
  6. Download and install Oculus Home from the link here. Make sure that your anti-virus software is disabled while installing.
  7. If you backed up the games, restore the Software folder to the original location, and restart the computer once again.

We hope that this helps!