I'm having trouble getting the Quest to talk to my PC when PC is connected to Ethernet. I can see the PC in the Air Link menu but if I hit 'pair' nothing ever happens. If my PC is on WiFi it works straight away, but this isn't my preference.
There is no network segregation or Firewalls in place, I land on the same subnet regardless of connection medium. The network profile on the PC is set to 'private' on both WiFi and Ethernet. I can ping the Quest from my PC and receive a reply. I've reset the Oculus Windows app, disabled and re-enabled Air Link and setup a separate network with only the Quest and the PC on it. Nothing I do has seemed to make any difference.
Any advice or assistance would be amazing, would really rather get this working than have to shell out money for a link cable or deal with having a wireless connection from the PC.
FWIW I am running on Windows 11.
Hello there! We see you're having trouble using Air Link with your PC. That's not the kind of experience we want you to have. We'll be happy guide you through this today!
Let's start with making sure your PC is set right.
Has this happened before today? If so, have there been any changes like the following?
If any of the above apply, please remove/undo any recent changes that is within reason.
If the issue still persist, please reach back out for further assistance.
I have exactly the same problem. When my PC is connected directly to the router - Meta Quest 2 "sees" the pc but clicking "Pair" doesn't work. I connect the same computer to Wifi network and disable Ethernet controller and it starts to work. Firewall is off, network segment is exactly the same.
Did you manage to solve this problem?
I have exactly the same problem.
1. My PC has Ethernet connection which is connected directly to the router
2. Headset is connected to Wifi using WIFI6 / 5GHz connection
3. Router is in the same room
4. Only one access point, no mesh
5. Network is set up correctly
6. Both devices are on the same network
7. I can ping the headset from my PC
8. Ethernet connection is private network in Windows and Firewall disabled
9. I didn't change anything recently and it's a new headset - didn't work before
10. When I disable ethernet connection on the PC and connect via the WiFi it connects with no issues but Oculus complains that it is recommended to connect PC using Ethernet.
Hi @Psalkiewicz! Thanks for relaying all that info to us. We want to look into this further with you so please PM us and we'll work on your AirLink issues together. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.