cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Air Link stopped working but Cable Link still works

vacationlover
Protege

I have been using Air Link ever since it became available in Beta, and I was using the Link Cable before that. I last used Air Link successfully perhaps a week ago, but today it doesn't work. There have not been any changes to my PC that I'm aware of.

When I open Quick Settings, and select Air Link, it lists my PC, but says Not Connected. If I select the PC, it displays the Pair button (even though it was previously paired). When I click on Pair, the button is greyed out, but nothing happens. No code appears on my PC.

I have tried the following things that didn't help:

1) Tried using the Link cable, and it works.

2) Rebooted both the PC & Quest 2 headset.

3) Updated the software on the Quest 2 headset.

4) Re-installed the Oculus app on my PC.

5) Verified that the Quest 2 headset is connected to my 5 GHz private network.

6) Used a Windows CMD window to Ping my headset's IP Address, and it showed "0 lost", and an average roundtrip time of 54ms., so the PC is definitely able to communicate with the headset.

Why isn't the Quest software able to link with the PC? 

Does anyone have any other suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

vacationlover
Protege

Finally found the solution.  After many messages back & forth with Meta Quest Support, one of the reps suggested that the problem might be with my internet provider.  That got me thinking that perhaps the headset wasn't getting connected to the internet (although I don't understand why it needs to, since I'm merely trying to Link it with the PC in order to play a game on the PC hard drive).

So I looked at the "Notifications" section in my BitWarden Firewall, and saw that OVRServer_x64.exe had been blocked "due to customer requests".  I don't know who had requested it, nor why, but I manually added an Exception to the Rules, and that solved the problem!  When I went to the Air Link settings, and clicked on Pair, the Link Code appeared in my headset and in the Oculus app on my PC, and Air Link works again!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

RoastPork
Retired Support

Hey, thanks for troubleshooting this so far. I would recommend reaching out to @MetaQuestSupport because they have tools that can help diagnose your Wi-Fi and see why you're not able to connect to AirLink. You can click their name and then just send them a PM and they'll help you out!

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!

Thanks for your suggestion.  I sent them a message yesterday, but haven't had a reply yet.

Hey there, @vacationlover! We're sad to hear that you're having issues with Air Link, that's never a fun experience to have to go through. Our agents will be sure to respond to your ticket as soon as they possibly can! Depending on their current workload it could take some time, but they'll definitely get to you. Once they get your logs they'll be able to get a better idea of what the issue could be. We hope that it gets resolved soon and hope you enjoy the upcoming weekend! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi there.  Thank you for your quick reply.  Here is the info you requested:

• Are you using a PC or a laptop?  Desktop PC
  • What operating system are you using?  Windows 10 Home
  • Have you updated your headset or anything on your computer recently?  Not before the problem started.  Afterwards, I checked my headset and found that there was an update available, which I installed.  I couldn't tell if there was an update available for the Oculus app (how do I do that?) so I  downloaded & installed it to make sure I had the latest version.  Neither of those changes solved the problem.  The most recent Windows Update was KB4023057 on Nov 17th, and Air Link was working fine after that.
  • What kind of Wi-Fi network do you have set up?  5 GHz, 802.11 a+n+ac, WPA2 Personal

Thanks for your help!

Hey there, @vacationlover. Was this meant to be a response to the agent handling your ticket that you had submitted yesterday? If so, they won't see your response here. You'll want to respond to the ticket itself, we're guessing it's an email correspondence, so you'll want to email them back with the information you provided above so they can continue to help out. We hope you enjoy the upcoming weekend! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

vacationlover
Protege

Finally found the solution.  After many messages back & forth with Meta Quest Support, one of the reps suggested that the problem might be with my internet provider.  That got me thinking that perhaps the headset wasn't getting connected to the internet (although I don't understand why it needs to, since I'm merely trying to Link it with the PC in order to play a game on the PC hard drive).

So I looked at the "Notifications" section in my BitWarden Firewall, and saw that OVRServer_x64.exe had been blocked "due to customer requests".  I don't know who had requested it, nor why, but I manually added an Exception to the Rules, and that solved the problem!  When I went to the Air Link settings, and clicked on Pair, the Link Code appeared in my headset and in the Oculus app on my PC, and Air Link works again!

That's so great! I'm so glad you found a solution!

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!

Hello I have the same problem that you used to have. But the only difference is that when I looked at my firewall the OVRServer_x64.exe was not blocked. I cant find any other solution do you have a suggestion?

I haven't had any problems since then, so I don't have any other solutions for you.  All I can think of is to search your firewall block list for any other executables that might be related to the Quest (anything starting with 'OVR' or 'oculus').  Also, contact @MetaQuestSupport.  Good luck!