cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I able to get a free replacement controller

megabone007
Honored Guest

I was playing and my controller disconnected, so I replaced the batteries, didn't work. Then I replaced the battery in my left controller 11 times using different times, after searching I ended up, taking the batteries out for 30 mins, restarting oculus, unpairing and re-pairing, but after I unpaired it didn't let me re-pair. As a last resort I factory reset my oculus but then it wouldn't connect to my phone. So at this point I'm just wanting to see if I can get my left controller replaced without spending a lot of money. I'm sorry if this sounded like I'm mad, I'm just a bit stressed.

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @megabone007! We are sadden to hear about all this frustration you've had to endure. No worries, we can most definitely look into options for your controller issues. Before we get the show on the road, could you provide us with a bit more insight on this issue by answering the following:

• Are you experiencing this issue with both controllers?
  • When you attempted to pair your controller, what error message was prompted? 
  • Can you see any lights on your controller(s) that are on (blinking or solid)?

If you are having trouble connecting or pairing your touch controllers to your Meta Quest headset, try the following: 

To unpair your controllers:

•  Press any button to wake the controller while using your headset.
  • While you have your headset on, press and hold to reorient the controller.
  • Remove and reseat the battery in each Touch controller.
  • Unpair and re-pair your controllers:
  1. Open the Meta Quest app on your phone.
  2. Tap Devices from the bottom menu.
  3. Tap the headset you currently have paired.
  4. Tap Controllers, then tap the controller that you want to unpair.
  5. Tap Unpair controller.

To re-pair your controllers:

1. Open the Meta Quest app on your phone.
  2. Tap Devices from the bottom menu.
  3. Tap the headset you currently have paired.
  4. Tap Controllers, then tap the controller that you want to unpair.
  5. Press and hold and buttons on your right controller or and on your left controller until the controller LED blinks and then lights up to finalize the pairing.

Let us know if this worked for you with repairing. We look forward to hearing back from you at your earliest convenience. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

The problem is only in the left controller. When I tried to pair the controller nothing showed up, the light under the oculus logo wasn't even blinking, it was solid for a bit then turned off and never returned. And I have already tried re-pairing with my phone and just the controller.

We appreciate you letting us know and due to the limited tools we have through our Forums we will need to get you in touch with our Meta Store Support. There one of our awesome agents can get a better look at this for you through your options under your warranty. Please click here to get connected through a live chat or even scheduling a call! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!