cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Sharing

I purchased a new Oculus Quest 2 device after doing a factory reset and returning a previously purchased Oculus Quest 2 device. While setting up the new device, an error message popped up stating that app sharing was still activated on another device. How do I activate app sharing on the new device with no access to the old device? Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey ClinicalMassageSrvcs, thanks for reaching out! Sounds like app sharing is indeed enabled on the other headset. For this, please reach out to us in DM so we can get this sorted for you. Cheers!

I have the same problem. I do not have access to my old Quest 2, and I need to enable sharing on my new Quest 2.

Heya Kevin! We get how this would cause you some issues. We'd love to assist you with this, but we'll need to move this conversation to a PM so we can gather some more information.

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Hey again Kevin! We are just following up to see if you can send us that PM so we can gather some more information from you. We'll be here whenever you do have the time to respond, so no need to rush!

Well, I tried to PM to OculusSupport in Messenger & got no response. I'm not sure why y'all make it so convoluted to contact you.

Heya Kevin. We would need for you to send us a PM on here so we can get to the bottom of this. To send us a PM, select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

Hey there Kevin, we just wanted to touch base if you still require assistance? If so feel free to send us a PM. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

jimmehboii0
Level 2

i am also having this problem. i had a meta quest 2, but i had to get it replaced. i have removed it from my account, but on my current headset, it's still saying that app sharing is already enabled on the old device.

Jimmy Davis

Hey there @jimmehboii0! We understand how urgent it may be for you. Sharing is caring after all! No worries, lets work together to get this situation resolved. Usually logging out of all your devices then logging back in should do the trick. It allows your apps to resync with your account. If the issue still persist, please reach back out. We'll gladly take a deeper look into this.