cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen or 3 dots loading, The PROBLEM might be your 3rd party facial interface!!!!!

HaoJZhang
Honored Guest

Conclusion:

The black screen problem might be caused by a third-party facial interface that isn't compatible with the quest 2 sensor. As a result, the device falsely detects that you have removed the headset. Therefore, the headset went into power saving mode, resulting in a black screen and three dots.

---------------------------------------

Long version:

I just got my quest 2 and bought tons of accessories. I noticed my quest 2 went black after a few days and gave 3 dots a couple of times. The screen will turn on again in a few seconds. I can still hear during the black screen.  The problem occurred when:

1. Pull the straps up.
  2. move head up and down.

I went to the store and exchanged it for another one, but the problem persists. Oculus support tells me to reset the device, but it doesn't work!

Therefore, I think it must be something else. As soon as I changed the facial interface on VRcover back to what comes with quest 2, the problem was solved. No matter how hard I pulled the straps or moved my head up and down, the screen never went black.

Having done the following tests, I have confirmed that the problem is the 3rd party facial interface.

1. with the official facial interface. Keep your eye on the screen while removing quest 2 slowly from your head. Quest 2 will turn off the screen at certain angles. The screen will turn on and off if you move the headset at this angle, just like it does during gaming (with VRcover). The device detects your head movement and thinks you're going to take the headset off, so it turns off the screen and goes into power saving mode.

2. With the VRcover on and the form removed. It's just as good as the official one. There is no black screen or three dots.

3. Installing the VR cover and form. The problem occurs. 

4. Realign the edges of the form and reposition it.  It helps a little bit. 

conclusion:

The black screen problem might be caused by a third-party facial interface that isn't compatible with the quest 2 sensor. As a result, the device falsely detects that you have removed the headset. Therefore, the headset went into power saving mode, resulting in a black screen and three dots.

2 REPLIES 2

olaf200878
Protege

Have the same problem with the vr cover fitness.

How is the cover effecting this? 

nikitacharie33
Explorer

oMG I pray ur right !!!! if u r i owe you !! SERIOUSLY! il get back to you 😘😘😘

NicoleC.H.