cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Black Screen randomly during gameplay

Drewszthelegend
Honored Guest

Like other posts, same symptoms not game dependent, power off and on, things work ok for a while then 3 dots, screen goes black, sometimes i still hear game, Thrill of the fight in background. If i move my head up and down, vigurously, i get the 3 dots then the game comes on where it left off. It's sporadic. But similar things are happening to others on here. I can't find the suppor phone number

34 REPLIES 34

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, thank you for bringing this to the community! We understand how frustrating this is so let's see if we can do something about it. Sometimes a hard reboot or a factory reset resolves this issue. If neither of them work please open a support ticket here and kindly include all of the troubleshooting steps that you have taken to resolve this. 

Try a Hard Reboot:

• Turn off your headset. Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Boot Device and press the power button.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

If that has no effect on the issue, then please perform a factory reset:

• Turn off your headset.
  • Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Note:

Make sure that your Oculus Quest is fully charged when you perform the factory reset. The factory reset will remove all data. Your apps from the Oculus Store can be downloaded again afterward. However, if you have transferred any personal files from your computer to your headset, they will be permanently removed. If you would like to backup any personal files from your Oculus Quest before the factory reset, please click here for instructions on how to transfer files to and from your Oculus Quest and your computer. Please let us know how it goes or if you need further assistance on this.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Ianos_07
Protege

Hi @Drewszthelegend  have you found any other relevant information concerning this issue?  Have you created a support ticket?

Drewszthelegend
Honored Guest

I did get a reply to do a hard reset, but looking at the symptoms, im very skeptical as to the problem, i have since learned that if firmly seat my head into the strap, the system will come back on, i basically have to push my head up into the headset while pulling the headset down, and then i get the 3 dots and things start working again. Again this doesn't happen all of the time, and hasn't been happening until recently like a month ago till now. I'm living with it for now, awaiting the next version of the Oculus vr unit, or maybe one of the new cutting edge units on the horizon.

This is pretty much my problem also. I have done a factory reset twice but it has not seemed to change the problem. I'm wondering if this is either (a) due to a recent update in the OS or (b) indicative of the sensor between the lenses failing (I think it tracks if the headset is being worn). It's pretty unstable right now...

Meta...anyone...any ideas on how to fix?

Hey there, thank you for contributing to this thread. We understand how frustrating this is to you and everyone else. Since you have already attempted a factory reset and that didn't solve this please submit a support ticket here so that we can look into this further for you. Please include all of the troubleshooting steps you have tried. We look forward to hearing from you. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Any solution for this? This has nothing to do with resetting or batteries.  How do you get the oculus to wake back up when it black screen sleeps like this? Without powering off the unit!

Greetings @JCHiggz! Thanks for asking an excellent question. Apologies you're having this experience. We'll be happy to help! When you put your device to sleep, it still consumes power. When you place the device on your head, it should automatically "wake up." So it may be possible the device needs to be recharged if it's left on sleep mode for a while. Here's a link to review this subject further. Try charging the device for 2 hours and if the issue still persists, we ask that you contact Meta Store Support and submit a ticket for further assistance. All the best!

zzzwan
Honored Guest

For me, it's the quest 2 does not think it's been put on. Try cover that sensor between two screens to debug this. Not sure if it's a hardware or software thing.

Kilo60
Protege

I've tried every fix listed here and elsewhere so far zero luck fixing this issue.

I've never seen anyone post that they have resoled this issue when they have tried all the suggestions and still have this problem like me.

I even wasted $150 on brand new controllers hoping this would fix the issue somehow..

Extremely disappointed in this product and getting the Apple VR now instead...

Goodbye Metaverse wish I had a chance to try the "verse" before this issue bricked my headset!