cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop app saying "Graphics Card no longer supported"

Krongus_Mongus
Explorer

Noticed a lovely issue that started with the new Oculus App update. Despite the fact I've been using a quest two on an Acer Predator with an RTX 2060 Graphics card, it now believes my card is "No longer compatible." I, and many others, are not alone in this case, it's a growing issue across users that I've seen spike since this morning. If you're anything like me you've potentially bought hundreds, if no more, of dollars in games, and are now stuck with the sinister red text bar saying, "Graphics card no longer supported" or "Update drivers". I'm not entirely sure if this is only affecting laptop users (like myself) or a wide spectrum of users. But if it affects you be sure to interact so this issue can become known to the support team so we can actually figure out what the hell is wrong with it.

Also, just to be clear, at least on my end, updating the drivers across my ENTIRE computer, did absolutely nothing. 

Good luck everyone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BlueberrieSmoothie
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey hey! So I've been seeing this start to pop up a bit here on the Forums after the last update. It sounds like you've already done some great troubleshooting, and your GPU should be compatible based on our requirements here. One more thing I would suggest here for my laptop users, make sure that the GPU being actively used is your dedicated GPU (not the integrated GPU if there is one).

It's definitely a great idea to get the community involved here if anyone else is experiencing this after the most recent update! If this is happening to you, please let us know here what GPU you are using so that we can get an idea of what cards are being impacted.

I'd also suggest reporting a bug, and/or reaching out in a support ticket here with a copy of your Oculus logs. That way we can all work together to get this figured out!

Make sure you smash that Kudos button!

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

So today when I went to play steam vr and tried to load up a game it wouldn't work I had the oculus app open and on the top of it it said graphics card not compatible with quest link but I was just playing last night a couple hours before I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 TI I didn't upgrade or anything 

Same

Same here, too.

MSI laptop with gtx 1080. Was working fine 2 hours ago. Both the headset and the Oculus App asked me to update the Oculus PC app. Once done it, I couldn't connect my Quest to the PC via Oculus Link anymore (air or cable). The desktop app shows the same message "Graphics card not compatible with Quest Link. Headset can't be detected or paired" and a "Learn more" link with a list of compatible cards. Quest2 gives me the same message. Although it detects my PC, clicking on it gives the message "Graphics Card not Compatible. Your computer graphics card is unable to support Quest Link".

But my card is listed as compatible in the referred page, and I've been using Quest Link with my laptop for more than a year.

It's very unconvenient as I'm developing for Quest2 and I cannot test in Link mode anymore. What the hell is happening with this update?

Drieeedger
Honored Guest

Ok, so I am experiencing the same thing here with my RTX 3070, and Oculus telling me its not compatible with Quest Link. I havent used my Quest 2 for many months, but now with dark cold winter days here Im getting back into it. One of the last games I remember using it for was Microsoft Flight Simulator, and theres a good chance I followed a guide to optimize the settings to try and make it run better.

How would I know if the defaults have been changed, and how can I reset everything back to a working default? Clearly the 3070 is compatible, and although my i7 is a few years old, I know its more than capablle of running this.

BlueberrieSmoothie
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Hey hey! So I've been seeing this start to pop up a bit here on the Forums after the last update. It sounds like you've already done some great troubleshooting, and your GPU should be compatible based on our requirements here. One more thing I would suggest here for my laptop users, make sure that the GPU being actively used is your dedicated GPU (not the integrated GPU if there is one).

It's definitely a great idea to get the community involved here if anyone else is experiencing this after the most recent update! If this is happening to you, please let us know here what GPU you are using so that we can get an idea of what cards are being impacted.

I'd also suggest reporting a bug, and/or reaching out in a support ticket here with a copy of your Oculus logs. That way we can all work together to get this figured out!

The idea of switching the dedicated graphics was promising and may work for other people. However, upon switching to my dedicated graphics card across my whole system, and restarting my computer, it still gives me the wonderful, "Your graphics card drivers need updated."

willyg35tn
Honored Guest

Same thing happened to me. Says to update drivers and still nothing.

Oh, good to know, and thanks for trying anyways! Like I said up above, your best bet now is probably going to be to submit a bug report and/or open up a ticket with support. That way all the right info will get up to the engineering team to work on this!

It was a great suggestion, honestly. Out of everything I tried, I hadn't thought of switching to my actual graphics card instead of the integrated one. It was promising and may work for some people. But yup, best bet now is to submit it as a major, major bug.