cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Messenger

Grnize4
Honored Guest

My child can see new messages through the Oculus headset. Is there any way to turn FB Messenger off on the Oculus?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We understand not wanting your kid to see things you don't want them to. Luckily, Quest Messenger can easily be disabled through opening the Messenger windows, clicking on settings (the gear located in the lower-left corner), then logging out. Let us know if this helps and happy gaming! 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We understand not wanting your kid to see things you don't want them to. Luckily, Quest Messenger can easily be disabled through opening the Messenger windows, clicking on settings (the gear located in the lower-left corner), then logging out. Let us know if this helps and happy gaming! 🙂

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

mh.bonna
Honored Guest

I can't enter messenger .it show not responding 

Good day, MH.Bonna Since we've been in your shoes previously, we observed that you were having problems with Messenger not replying. Please allow us to check into this more for you.

1. How long have you been having this problem?
  2. Have you ever had access to messenger? If so when was the last time?

Hello, MH.Bonna We're just checking in to see whether you still need assistance with Facebook Messenger. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us if you do.

Except apparently they can still get to messenger through the browser??

Hi there @ErinWi, we know having your Facebook account easily accessible isn't ideal for some people, and we understand if you would want to not have this be an issue for you. We want to do all that we can to help you out with this issue. 

If you noticed your headset is logging into Facebook, and you do not want this, then please visit your account page and remove the Facebook account from your Meta account.

Let us know if this worked for you.

Firstly, I’m not technologically illiterate and I couldn’t figure out how to log out of messenger. Secondly, doesn’t removing my profile impact the games we’ve purchased and the things saved in those games?

Removing the Facebook account will not affect your purchases or any app data on the device.

Games and apps are actually account bound to your Meta account. So even if you remove the Facebook or factory reset, all of your games and purchases will be saved under your Meta account.

We hope this clears up any confusion there may be with the removal of a Facebook account.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Hiya @ErinWi! We're just moseying on over to see if you are still in need of assistance. If so, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you!