cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghost on gorilla tag says my home address

McFlippen
Honored Guest

While playing tag a bot said my home address for everyone to hear! This is unacceptable

9 REPLIES 9

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, McFlippen! Thanks for letting us know about this. We take the security of each and every one of our users very seriously. We know that something like this can be very unsettling and needs to be taken care of. This certain issue is not able to be directly handled by us here at Meta Support. However, we highly recommend you reach out to the developers of the game here. This issue can be dealt with more efficiently by the development team. We hope this will be helpful to you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

McFlippen
Honored Guest

I did tell them and they said, we don’t have your address! This is BS. You can look on google and I am not the only one that has had this happen

Hey there, @McFlippen. We did look into this a bit and it seems there's some bots that go around saying some random things, such as "Don't play this game on this specific future date" or something like that. We wouldn't be able to assist with this as we don't have access to the game in a way that we could help, that would be up to the developers of the game to work to resolve. We'd recommend that you keep trying with them, hopefully something can be done sooner rather than later. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @McFlippen! Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We take the security of each and every one of our users very seriously. We know that something like this can be very unsettling and needs to be taken care of. This certain issue is not able to be directly handled by us here at Meta Support due to the limited tools we have. However, we highly recommend you reach out to the developers of the game here. This issue can be dealt with more efficiently by the development team. We hope this will be helpful to you!

legend.of.cheese.2023
Honored Guest

I was ghost hunting in gorilla tag when I joined  code hunt or sren17 I can't remember witch and I encountered an all black monkey with the username shadow. At first I thought it was a fake ghost trying to scare some kids but it had long arms and began saying the real life coordinates of the other players in the lobby. When I told it to stop it kicked me from the game. When I got back in I went into a private lobby to tell my friends about this but when I got in (the code that me and my friends where playing was GJW) the ghost was waiting for me so I left the game and turned off my headset. During this my friends kept telling me that they couldn't join the code because it said the room was full.

Update: I got back on, not to investigate but to get one of the new Christmas cosmetics and I hopped into city without entering a code into the computer putting into a random city lobby. I then bought the cosmetic and was talking to a kid when I started hearing daisy bell coming from another player. When I turned around I saw the player named shadow yet again. This time it was floating with its arms outstretched along with another player that also had long arms and was floating. I started recording and got some decent footage and then left before it could kick me. However, when I was looking over the footage I saw that shadow had changed its name to statue. Maybe shadow is just another alias for statue. Maybe shadow is an entirely new ghost pretending to be statue. All I know is that it was shadow in-game but looking at the footage it said statue. I am going to try to post the footage here.

I tried uploading the video but all I could get was this

Screenshot_20231226_192136_Video Player.jpg

Here's another photo 

Screenshot_20231226_192201_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20231226_200517_Gallery.jpg

 here's a third photo 

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?