cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headset Not Working

ChickenNards
Honored Guest

My Oculus Rift S headset was working fine hours before this then out of nowhere it starts turning off every time I put it on or it just loads into a gray screen, I've tried unplugging it from my pc or unplugging the cords from the headset itself but the problem has not been resolved. I've left it alone for awhile and tried using it again but it still hasn't worked. Please someone reply with a solution!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, we understand that your Rift S headset just loading a gray screen can be an inconvenience and impact your gaming experience in VR. Also, thank you for providing us with the troubleshooting steps that you took to get this issue resolved. We would like to ask you some questions that could help pinpoint what the issue could be.

Have you tried using a different USB port and tried multiple outlets throughout your home?

Have you tried updating your graphics card and USB drivers?

Have you tried restarting the computer?

Check out this link here for more information on updating your graphic card and USB drivers. Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps were useful and helpful and that they resolved your issue. We look forward to hearing from you soon with good news!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, we understand that your Rift S headset just loading a gray screen can be an inconvenience and impact your gaming experience in VR. Also, thank you for providing us with the troubleshooting steps that you took to get this issue resolved. We would like to ask you some questions that could help pinpoint what the issue could be.

Have you tried using a different USB port and tried multiple outlets throughout your home?

Have you tried updating your graphics card and USB drivers?

Have you tried restarting the computer?

Check out this link here for more information on updating your graphic card and USB drivers. Please let us know if these troubleshooting steps were useful and helpful and that they resolved your issue. We look forward to hearing from you soon with good news!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thank you so much for the help!.. I feel stupid for not thinking of switching ports.