cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizon workrooms keeps changing my monitor resolution on connection

DayVReamer
Level 3

Hi all,

I've got a 1920 x 1080 monitor, I set that as my resolution on my PC. When I then connect in Horizon Workrooms it changes my monitor resolution to 1600 x 1200. If I try and change it back, it of course disconnects me due to the change in monitor settings.

How do I get my resolution as 1920 x 1080 in Workrooms?

To confuse things even more, if I add a 3840 x 2160 dummy Display port/HDMI plug, and set my two monitors at 1920 x 1080 and 3840 x 2160, on login with workrooms it changes them to 1600 x 1200 (not 1920 x 1080) and 1920 x 1080 (not 3840 x 2160).

Any help with this (if its possible) would be greatly appreciated. 

This is on Quest 2, with desktop being a 10600k, but no dedicated GPU. It might be my PC can't handle it, but I managed to run these resolutions on my outdated laptop (6200u CPU), albeit at 93% CPU usage, hence why I'm trying to use this on my desktop. I do have a gaming PC which can handle this easily, but I am trying to test this so I can then approach my work with a view to using it in work, and they won't give me a gaming PC 😁

Thanks,

Mark

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Mark! Thanks for bringing this to our attention, this isn't the type of experience we aim to provide. We know how important monitor resolution is, so please provide your insights to us by doing the following:

1. From the Workrooms web app, click on your name in the bottom left corner.
  2. Click Help & Support, then click Give Feedback or Report a Problem.

We look forward to hearing from you!

byloww
Level 2

I'm also dealing the same issue as you. I had two monitors setup with potrait and landscape mode. I am able to solve the issue after I changed one of my monitor from potrait mode to landscape. 

Hey, that's definitely not ideal! We know resolution issues can be quite tedious and we like to help out. It's best to report this as a bug. 

Use these steps below:

1. From the Workrooms web app, click on your name in the bottom left corner.
  2. Click Help & Support, then click Give Feedback or Report a Problem.

Once you do this, our engineers can start working on a fix! We hope this helps.