cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to pair quest 2 to multiple phones and accounts

ozzig
Explorer

Not sure it's actually answered in the other seven pages.

When we set up our Quest 2 it would not pair with my son's phone saying it needed parental supervision updates.

I paired it to my phone, it started working.

Now I want my son to log in with his account.

If I try and pair his phone it tells me it is already paired to my account.

1. How do I pair it to his phone (he is in my family account under my supervision)

2. How does he log in with his account?

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @ozzig! We absolutely want to make sure your son's account gets paired to your headset, so we appreciate you bringing that to our attention! To start, there are a few ways to move forward from here, depending on how you'd like to use the device. If you want to keep your own account as the admin on the headset (this does not effect the Parental Supervision on the accounts), then you can add a secondary account to the headset with the steps here. If you'd like to make your son's account the admin, you'll need to factory reset the headset and pair it to his mobile app through the Menu > Devices. Should you run into that 'Parental Supervision Update' issue when attempting to pair his account once more, a screenshot of the error would be extremely helpful! Take all the time you need here and get back to us when you can! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

We got him logged in as the second user thank you.

Does the Quest work like the Xbox, where I buy the games and then the children can use them, or do the children buy them with their accounts?

Thanks.

Great question! App sharing is a feature on the Quest! The link will tell you how to enable it. This is a one way deal though. Only the admin account can share apps with other users. So you can buy games/apps and your son would be allowed to use them (assuming he meets age requirements) however, if your son bought any apps, you would not have access to them. Please let us know if you have any other questions!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey! Just wanted to reconnect here and make sure you were all set! If you have any questions, we're here! 

Hi, sorry, forgot to log back in and reply!

Think we've sorted the app sharing thanks for the help. 

Something I think isn't possible, but, when my son is logged in I would like to cast his view when he needs assistance but when I try it says only the main user can cast.

So, I understand that message, but it doesn't make sense a child's view cannot be cast to allow a parent to see what's being played. 

Thanks.

It's a pleasure hearing from you again, @ozzig! It's even more pleasing to hear that you and your son are able to share apps now. You're correct. Secondary accounts can't connect to the mobile app, and, therefore, they can't be cast to the mobile app. However, other forms of casting should work as expected. Please keep in mind that you have the option to watch your son cast from his phone or his computer, but you'll also have to be signed into the browser from his account and near his playing area. Here's a link with more information about casting to a screen with Meta Quest. Feel free to reach back out to us with any questions or concerns, because we'd be delighted to lend you a hand. We hope this is helpful and that you and your son have a blast playing in VR. Have a wonderful day!

We love your idea about parent-managed accounts being able to be cast to their parent's account so that they're able to view gameplay and help. We think being able to cast to a secondary account is a great idea overall, so we'd appreciate it if you could share this with our product team by clicking here. Our product team monitors our ideas for requests and suggestions for improvements to hardware or software, and we feel yours would be a perfect addition. Thank you in advance for taking the time to do so. We hope you continue to have a wonderful day, @ozzig !

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?