cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to tell if an Oculus Quest 2 is refurbished or not?

newestuser
Honored Guest

Hello,

We got a Quest 2 from a retail store and it had some marks on the front of the headset, as if it sat on a dirty bench and someone pressed on it.

I didn't know what to make of it at the beginning, because everything else seemed ok, but I just found out that there are refurbished products being sold directly by Meta, and I'm worried now that the store sold me a refurbished one and didn't tell me about it.

Is there a way to check?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, thank you for voicing your concern in this matter. Here at Meta we do not typically  give our gamers refurbished devices, and if we do, we make sure to inform our gamers if they have a refurbished Meta device. We highly recommend you to please reach back out to the retailer you received your device from. If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Always here to help! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

PITTCANNA
Visionary

@newestuser wrote:

Hello,

We got a Quest 2 from a retail store and it had some marks on the front of the headset, as if it sat on a dirty bench and someone pressed on it.

I didn't know what to make of it at the beginning, because everything else seemed ok, but I just found out that there are refurbished products being sold directly by Meta, and I'm worried now that the store sold me a refurbished one and didn't tell me about it.

Is there a way to check?

Thank you.

If your buying from a retail store (target/bestbuy/walmart) your unit is the subject of there return policy.  That said oculus will not sell refurbs unless you buy it explicitly.

So if its used what might of occurred, someone bought it used it didn't like it or might of broken it, then they returned to store wrapped as if new and the retailer could of just put on the shelf un aware.

Or it could of slipped through an oculus QA check and it was put in box, and sent off to store.

If its not functioning right or you suspect may be faulty consult the retailer you bought it at. 

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey friend! We hope you are having an amazing Thursday! We wanted to check in with you and make sure you were able to verify your device. If you happen to still have any concerns, remember we're always ready to assist you. Game on! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!