cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Failed

cya081
Honored Guest

@MetaQuestSupport I bought Please Don't Touch Anything and it says install failed and when I click retry nothing happens

3 REPLIES 3

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey cya081! We understand the concern and we'd love to get to the bottom of this! Please make sure that you have enough storage for downloading the game, downloads require double the amount of storage on the device to download. If the storage on your device isn't the issue, the please attempt the following steps: 

• Restart your headset
    • Hold down the power button till the Meta logo appears again. 
  • Factory reset
    • Turn off your headset.
    • Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
    • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
    • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.
  • Performing a factory reset is irreversible and will remove all account information, downloaded games, and content from the headset.
  • Performing a factory reset won't remove content you've purchased or downloaded from your account.

Performing a factory reset will not remove your purchases from your account, however you will have to re-download all your downloaded games. A factory reset has been know to fix issues with install failures, and is highly recommended! 

We hope these steps help! Please let us know if these steps prove useful in getting your games to download! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Whoami36
Honored Guest

I'm having the same issue failed installation "cause probhably installing multiple games at the same time messing up to que of the installations"only fix i can find is factory reset...

get a device worth $700-800 after accessories and games and 1 games fails to install now u gotta uninstall everything and start from scratch "except for the cloud backup" great solution u guys may want to provide a better solution this is terrible because i know im gonna be sitting here for hours again installing everything 1 by 1 to prevent it from happening again and inputting all my preferences
thank you meta/oculus
love the product the trouble shooting is just terrible though u may want to find a better solution for the next release

While we understand that it can be a hassle to have to factory reset, we're glad that it helped! If there's ever anything else we can help out with or if you have any questions that we could answer, please feel free to reach out to us! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!