cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is app sharing going to be fixed?

CryptoJake
Explorer

It appears that app sharing used to work, then stopped working.  I've followed the instructions I've been able to find and it just doesn't work.  I have 2 headsets, both have my account as the primary account.  Both headsets are registered in the Oculus app.  App sharing is turned on.  But the secondary account is not able to install any games.  Is Meta ever going to address this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CryptoJake
Explorer

App sharing is now working.  I had set it up correctly, and it didn't work right away.  Then went back the next day and it worked.  The symptom was that when logging in as the other user (that was to share my apps), it would have an icon to install the app.  But when you clicked on "Install" it would show "Prioritizing", then it would go back to "Install".  It just wouldn't do anything.  I went back a couple of days later, and when clicking on "Install" it started installing.  I'm now able to use my shared apps under different accounts.

Here's the link to the instructions:  https://www.meta.com/help/quest/articles/accounts/multiple-accounts-and-app-sharing/

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @CryptoJake! We don't like to see our users have this kind of issue. We understand how critical it is to resolve this issue so that the experience can be shared with the other user. Not to worry. You should send us a PM so we can look into this further for you. Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click HERE. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Vault503
Honored Guest

Same question here. Something tells me that private message will include the words "factory reset". It's a shame we don't seem to be getting a fix or at the very least an acknowledgment that this is a pervasive known issue.

I've sent in the PM.  If I get joy, I'll post here how it was done.

CryptoJake
Explorer

I haven't been responding very quickly to support.  Other things going on.  They've been getting back to me quickly.  But its still not resolved.  I'm still working with them.

CryptoJake
Explorer

App sharing is now working.  I had set it up correctly, and it didn't work right away.  Then went back the next day and it worked.  The symptom was that when logging in as the other user (that was to share my apps), it would have an icon to install the app.  But when you clicked on "Install" it would show "Prioritizing", then it would go back to "Install".  It just wouldn't do anything.  I went back a couple of days later, and when clicking on "Install" it started installing.  I'm now able to use my shared apps under different accounts.

Here's the link to the instructions:  https://www.meta.com/help/quest/articles/accounts/multiple-accounts-and-app-sharing/