cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my Acer Nitro 5 laptop compatible with Oculus Link?

f1van
Honored Guest

Hi. I've heard about a compatibility issue with Oculus Link.

My laptop is an Acer Nitro 5:
AMD 5600H processor
RTX 3060 6 GB graphics card 95 watt
16 GB Ram DDR4
512 GB SSD
No MUX Swither, only Optimus

Will I have any problem using Oculus Quest 2 with this laptop? Like the error message "Your computer doesn't meet the updated minimum specifications, which can lead to poor experience in VR"? Is 95 Watts for a VR graphics card sufficient?

4 REPLIES 4

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

It might work ok but laptops can always a bit of a hit and miss.  Your best bet imho is to buy a Q2 from your local Amazon store so it's easy to return for a refund if you don't like it.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

What do you think, is the 95 watt limitation on the video card critical for performance?
The main thing for me is that the laptop works well with a helmet. So that there are no compatibility issues or performance issues.

alfie.atherton.7
Explorer

i have the same laptop it says that for my nitro 5 but it works really good sometimes i have a bit of lag though

Cool to hear! Did you set it up beforehand so that it would work properly with the helmet via Oculus Link?