cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Known Issue - Meta Device Code Not Working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everytime I have tried to add another accounts onto my quest 2 the device code on meta.com/device says "Invalid Device Code Request! Please try again!" I have factory reset my headset and done all troubleshooting methods.

98 REPLIES 98

antonigno
Honored Guest

same here

PSTRYKER1
Honored Guest

Same error here. Come on Facebook, get your act together.

Hi Robert. I’m having the exact same issue. My headset had to do a software update. I did that. Restarted it as it said. Got the code. Took my headset off. Went to Safari. Typed in www.meta.com/device. I put in the code ****_**** and it said Error! Along with some other nonsense. I’ve tried it 4 times. Now, I’m waiting for a call back from customer service. I’m not happy! 
Jane 

I tried the boot process. It did absolutely nothing.  Same issue.  My admin account works now, but any additional accounts still get the code.  When entered into the website, no error code.  The website flashes as if it loaded the next screen and nothing.

Here's what I did.  Don't know if it will help.... honestly have no idea why it worked.  

1. Shut the headset off

2. go to meta and log-in.  make sure your facebook account is linked and make sure your device is linked to your meta account. 

3.  Go to your phone uninstall the Oculus app and then reinstall it and sign back in. Check headset setting and make sure the phone app can find your headset.

4.  Turn headset on and the code screen should go away.

My only thoughts are that because this is a multi-platform thing, you need to reset ALL things meta.  Super stupid. Good luck.  Hope it helps

AlexCharlotte
Explorer

I have done all possible "quick fixes" and tried the troubleshooting things as well, except fabric reset. I rather not go that route unless i absolutely must. Really annoying having to do that just because they release a poor update.. Gave up after 3 hours of trying.. Really hope this gets fixed any time soon.

Hi,

Whenever I try to add a different device account (using a different Meta account (not admin)) I get the error shown here. Bear in mind, restarting the Meta quest 2, trying a different Meta account (which isn't admin) does not work. 

In the meantime, my admin account paired on the device using both mobile and the device itself works fine, I never get asked to enter a code. Only an additional user creates this issue.

This is a big issue for us since the students won't be able to program in their own environment without different account and may jeopardize their semester.

dinfsuppinfo_0-1666205478613.png

Cordially,

Felix

Thank You SOOOOO much! This worked as soon as I connected the device on my phone after the update.

swingbold688
Honored Guest

I had to reinstall the app then it worked for me, dumb as hell though i hate facebook

RichardSugar
Honored Guest

Im having the exact same issue, im furious. I cant believe i spent all this money just to be spammed by pop up style crap and have all that money go down the drain!