Did you mean: 

Known Issue - V65 - V67 USB-C Debris/Water Warning

LaserDisk
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Not a solution - Marking for visibility

Known Issue

Hello everyone!

I have observed that a significant number of users are still encountering the USB-Debris error even after the V64 fix was distributed to everyone. Consequently, I have taken the initiative to inform the team and create this fresh post in order to distinguish between those who faced the issue in the previous post and those who are currently experiencing it on V65-V67.

We would greatly appreciate if everyone could please provide the following information:

1. What's the full version number of your headset? (62.0.0.####### or likewise)
    • Quick Settings > System > Software Update
  2. What's the full version number of your PC app? (62.0.0.####### or likewise)
    • General > Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
  3. Is your PC app on PTC?
  4. Are you enrolled in Quest PTC?
  5. Any potential workarounds?
  6. Which headset is everyone using? Is this only happening with the Quest 3 currently, or is anyone experiencing the same thing on their Quest 2 and Pro

I'll do my best to keep you all updated as soon as I find out anymore information!

Update 5/26/24

Hey everyone, a little update for you - our awesome engineers are on top of this issue. Don't forget to send in your detailed reports and share any info you have, especially if this problem is new to you. Your input is super valuable!

Update 6/6/24

I just wanted to give everyone a quick update that there haven't been any major changes yet. However, I want you all to know that I'm actively monitoring this thread every day and passing on any information that users provide to the engineering team.

Update 6/11/24

The engineering team would like me to gather the serial numbers of the headsets of all those affected. Please send me a private message with your serial number.

Please do NOT send your serial number in this or any thread publicly.

Update 7/3/24

Thanks to all who sent in their Serial numbers. Our engineers are still looking into this matter and are working hard to resolve it in an future software update.

Update 7/9/24

We appreciate all those who have provided their serial numbers. If you are still encountering the issue even after updating to V66, please reach out to our support team via private message here for further troubleshooting assistance.

The future of home entertainment!
77 REPLIES 77

It is my belief it is a faulty port and they refuse to do a recall because of the costs involved. I will seriously reconsider another Meta headset. This is ridiculous. May go with the new Vive. 

Dellang
Honored Guest

1 65.0.0.546.341.596219110

2 dont use

3 no

4 no

5 When i start the quest 3 with the new bobovr s3 pro super strap already plugged in, i don’t get the warning after starting up. Supposedly their batteries keep up with consumption and have different specs

When i start the quest 3 with nothing plugged in the usb i get the debris/water warning

When i start the quest 3 with my old batterystrap with battery that has lower specs i get the debris/water warning

6 quest 3

Notes: I start having it since the v63 update. I started using the new bobovr headset since a month. I take out the battery from the bobovr strap when not using it, but leave the cable in the quest 3. Before i boot up the quest 3, i put the battery back in.

Only get the warning when booting up without the new bobovr plugged in. Except during v63/64, when the old battery strap ran out of juice, i also got the warning. 

LaserDisk
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

This is some really fascinating stuff! I'll make sure to pass it on to the engineering team immediately. Oh, and don't forget to PM me your headset's serial number too!

The future of home entertainment!

It stopped when I started using a BOBOVR Headset and battery pack as well. (Have not and do not plan to take it back off)

Fascinating update: So as stated the elite strap refuses to work, but the in-box official charger does generally work. Well on a lark because why not try it I decided to try turning the elite strap USB C connector in the opposite direction, cable facing the front of the headset, (it's a bit of an uncomfortable stretch on the cable, but) and it's now both detected by the headset again and now properly passthrough charging the headset when neither worked with the elite strap USBC cable in the more appropriate orientation, cable facing the back of the headset.

Also, if I unplug it and then plug it back in facing the appropriate direction I instantly 100% chance get the debris warning and the strap isn't detected at all 

GuckyIlt
Honored Guest

Hi,

I have just bought the Meta Quest3 1 week ago. Today I recieved my new cable.
That cable is a bidirectional active USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 cable with upto 60W PD in 5m length from Club3D.
When I plug in that cable into the Quest3 while it is plugged in my computer I get said error massage.
Both the cable and the Quest3 have neither even touched water or dust.

Installing v66 right now, will update how it works.

Edit: persists in v66

Also tested several cables, all show max 1.9Gbit in the Oculus App, but those cables can do more then that, the ports too.

I recommend either of these two cables which work for me currently @ 2.4 to 2.6 Gbps:

Syntech Link Cable 16FT with Fast... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CTMSGDTG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Syntech Link Cable 20 FT... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WMG544P?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Massacher
Heroic Explorer

Well nothing has changed I see.
Since I last checked this forum I have got a full refund from PayPal. Because meta didn't respond in time so PayPal closed the case in my favour. And I sold the headset. So I don't have to deal with this piece of **bleep** company ever gain.

grip77
Explorer

Same issue here, persisting on all version up to v65 (current)

1.  66.0.0.659.370.608929552

2. 66.0.0.308.370 (66.0.0.308.370)

3. YES

4. YES

5. NO

6. I own 2 Meta Quest 2, neither of them has any issues, this is only ocuring on my Meta Quest 3.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?