cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left controller analog stick drifting

floweymic
Honored Guest
Hello I have recently acquired a problem with my left controller's analog stick as it is drifting I've unpaired and paired , taken the battery out for a couple minutes and it's not worked.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey there, thanks for taking the time to reset the wireless link in your Touch controller. We'll be more than happy to continue assisting you with this, please click here to submit a ticket.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

aguy10
Heroic Explorer
Tell me if the described method works. Haven't tried it myself yet.

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/98145/oculus-quest-controler-drift#latest

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager
Hey there, thanks for taking the time to reset the wireless link in your Touch controller. We'll be more than happy to continue assisting you with this, please click here to submit a ticket.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

ReubenClamzo
Honored Guest
My left controller failed on Feb. 3 as well.  While playing Supernatural it started randomly spinning so I cancelled out, restarted the whole system, and removed and replaced the battery.   Now it shows as paired on the headset but it doesn't move or respond to button inputs. 

B-K-Atascadero
Explorer

This same thing started to happen to me. When I am playing Onward, the left joy stick is movement. I will hold the joy stick to one side to move, if I release it, it physically goes to the center, but my avatar will drift to the right (keep moving). I can wiggle the stick to stop the movement, but sometimes it starts drifting again. It is a real problem in game because I can not stop. 

I have removed the battery and let it sit, I will try that again. 

What is next? 

I went into Alt VR and it does not see to happen there, only did a real quick test. 

My left controller jitters a bit when playing Tetris Effect. When it springs back, it makes the pieces move by one over, and not where I want to place them. Makes playing the game a little tough sometimes. 

valeriawson
Honored Guest

I have the same issue. Did you find a solution or even where you can buy a replacement. 

B-K-Atascadero
Explorer

Do not know if the first answer posted... 

I used some electronic contact cleaner. Sprayed it in and around the joystick, they moved it around to work the cleaner in. This seems to have fixed the problem. 

thank you for the info I will buy and try it. Fingers crossed. 

Heisenberg66
Honored Guest

I had this issue while under warranty and after exhaustive questioning and providing videos, they replaced my controller with a refurb...6 months later, same issue.  I think it is a design flaw that if you play games that require using the thumb stick a lot , it just can't handle the usage.  Looking online for a replacement and of course it isn't available (hint hint buy Quest 2) unless you go to ebay and then it's $100+ for a used controller.