cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lenses do not get clean

Wraithss
Honored Guest

Trying to get these lenses clean. NO MATTER WHAT I DO IT WILL NOT GET CLEAN. 
NO I haven't used any products on it. Yes only microfiber. There is always a film and the whites are ALWAYS blurry. 
oculus quest 2. I don't play it much but i've been sitting here wiping it for over an hour with no results. the blurry areas just move places without actually coming clean. No it's not condensation, I'm familiar with that, i'm a firefighter and amateur astronomer, the lenses are not scratched, it's like they get a film on them and you can never get it off. 

11 REPLIES 11

KaydenHelper124
Protege

Greetings @Wraithss 

I had this issues before and I used a towel to clean the lenses. With it’s still happening, contact Meta to see how to solve this problem.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Wraithss. Having your Quest 2 display be clear and visible is certainly a crucial part of the VR experience. Having blemished or cloudy lenses can definitely take away from the immersiveness of your experience. It looks like you've already taken some measures to try and clean the headset yourself; great job on that front. With that said, sometimes if the headset hasn't been used in a while, when you power it on, it may take a few moments for the temperature in the headset to even out, and the fogginess should dissipate after keeping the headset powered on for 10–15 minutes. If the issue continues, please let us know, and we'll be more than happy to continue working with you to find a solution.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

yes i know this, i stated in my original complaint that i spent over an hour trying to clean it, the headset has to be on to see the smudges move around. it's not just one area, i'll clean it and it will have moved or the entire lense is just foggy all the time. I am aware the headset has to be of temperature. Nothing works.

Thank you for that clarification. We would like to take a deeper look into this matter to see what options may be available to you. Due to the information we'll need to collect from you in order to look into everything properly, we ask that you please send us a private message. To do so, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. We hope to hear from you soon!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey again, @Wraithss! We wanted to follow up here with you! To move forward we need you to reach out to us in private. We're looking forward to hearing back from you on this.

then reach out to me. how am i going to get in contact with you in private? I have been here with multiple issues, your lenses won't stay clean, performance issues, now i can't even connect to airlink. do you all do a buyback program?

Thanks for following up, @Wraithss. You can reach out to us by selecting our name to get to our profile page or by clicking here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. With this additional information, we'll be happy to look into any options we have available! 

Hello again @Wraithss! We just wanted to remind you to send us that private message for additional assistance. We are always here to help!

waiting on you.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?