cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link not recognize the 3.0 usb

nicodhr
Explorer

Since yesterday, and the new V41, my quest 2 it's not recognized withe the 3.0 usb and the menu lag a lot.

I've try to all reinstall, I've all reinstall in my quest 2, but still not working..

Solution please?

5 REPLIES 5

john.cabrer
Honored Guest

Same here.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Well hey there! Let's see what we can do to get you to connect back to Oculus Link.

Let's check a few things to make sure our setup is correct:

- Make sure to be using the official Oculus Link cable as recommended for the absolute best performance.

- Double-check to ensure we are connecting to a USB 3 port.

- Attempt to reinstall your USB drivers via Device Manager.

- If possible try another computer to see if USB 3 is read.

Still, need help? Reply back to this thread and we'll be glad to provide further guidance on what's next!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hi, I've already do all of that .

We appreciate you keeping us updated on what's going on, we have one more thing to try in hopes to get this fixed.

Let's try to manually uninstall your Oculus software to clear out any issues. See below for how to do so:

1. Disconnect your computer from the internet.
2. Back up any necessary content.
* You can find steps on how to do so by [clicking here](https://store.facebook.com/help/quest/articles/headsets-and-accessories/oculus-rift-s/rift-backup-co...).
3. Reboot into Safe Mode.
4. Uninstall the Oculus PC app using the Control Panel.
5. Delete all Oculus folders from the following folder:
* C:\Program Files
6. Remove any Oculus folders from the following locations:
* C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData
* C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Local
* C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\LocalLow
* C:\Users\YourUserProfile\AppData\Roaming
* C:\OculusSetup-DownloadCache
7. Restart your computer in normal mode.
8. Reconnect your computer to the internet.
9. Install the Oculus PC app again using the setup tool from our website [here](https://store.facebook.com/quest/setup/).

If you still can't seem to connect to USB 3 we would need to move over to our support line. We would analyze your logs and provide a solution to this.

To collect your Oculus logs follow this article here 👉🏻https://bit.ly/3Amyvtx, then submit a support ticket here.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I've already do this too, but nothing change, since V41, oculus link is on 2.0 recognized and very lagging with drop. 

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?