cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Resolution in Vr

GaryTodd18
Honored Guest

We have an Oculus Quest 2 and we are trying to use if for real-time rendered walkthroughs of houses. The program is Revit with Enscape. While looking in the goggles the resolution is incredibly low and pixelated compared to how the image looks on the screen. is there some kind of setting for the Oculus Quest 2 inside the goggles that I am missing that will make the resolution higher?

8 REPLIES 8

The view in the headset will always appear more pixellated than the view on your monitor. The headset display may have a similar number of pixels to your monitor, but your eyes are a lot closer to them so the apparent resolution is lower.

How have you connected the headset to your PC and what are the specs of the PC? A lower performing PC or connection will produce a lower quality image, normally showing up as lower resolution, graininess or similar.

Thanks for this information. The headset is connected to a PC and the pc has an 9th gen i7 cpu and a RTX 2080 mobile graphics gpu. I can't seem to connect with air link so am using a wired connection but it says its no USB gen 3 despite using a gen 3 socket

Howdy there, @GaryTodd18! We understand that not knowing why the resolution is low can be concerning. We'd like to jump in and assist you in answering any questions you may have. First, we'd like to leave you with a fantastic support article here that will provide you with the PC requirements you'll need to have an exceptional experience. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

It is a shame because we definitely meet all of the requirements on the PC I am using. RE: the cable, is the one that comes with the unit a "high-quality USB cable capable of supporting data and power" as shown on the requirements? I have had issues using the one that came out of the box as well as a different USB 3 cable that I purchased separately. Is there anything I can try with air link to get it to work properly? the few times I have been able to connect the experience has been a bit shocking - laggy and weird screen artifacts. Are the requirements for air link more steep than if you were using a cable?

We strongly advise you to check if your drivers are up to date, as this will also affect your VR experience. Depending on the type of driver you have, we'll leave two links below. Please let us know if updating the drivers work so we can determine if any further steps are required.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

To get the program we are running 'Enscape' to even work I had to update the drivers to the latest version, and I did a clean driver install of the latest driver downloaded from NVIDIA's website. So the display drivers on this PC are definitely up to date.

Let's try to improve the graphics performance, we'll leave a great article here that has proven useful below for you to try if you haven't already. Please keep us updated on how things go so that we can determine if any additional steps are required.

Hello there! We're reaching out to see if you still require help. Please do not hesitate to contact us, if you do, we will be delighted to continue assisting you.