cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSFS2020 Flashes Again

ghs22
Protege
As of the latest Rift S update, I am now getting flashes/spikes both visual and audio at the rate of one per three seconds continuously in all aircraft, day and night. The day before, I would get a flash about once per 5 minutes. The sim has become unusable until Oculus addresses this issue.
70 REPLIES 70

yosemVR
Explorer

Beta 27 is a huge improvement using link with Quest 2. At last after months of frustration I can now experience some form of smooth flying with decent graphics.
For MSFS 2020 on a GTX 1660 Super Ryzen 5 3600 16GB, from barely/not playable to enjoyable! Big cities are still a challenge but most terrains are stunning as I am now able to set the sim graphics to higher levels.

No tray or debug tool necessary and I let SteamVR handle all the extra features at the MSFS app level: (custom Resolution Multiplier 160%, Motion Smoothing FORCE ALWAYS-ON, Use Legacy Reprojection Mode OFF). Launch sequence: (Restart PC, overclock card, launch MSFS, make some tea or whatever, go to VR mode, go to link inside headset, press space on keyboard while facing the play area without getting a cramp, set up the flight and away you go).

There are still some instabilities but nothing compared to what was before. Most sessions start without a hitch and I can now exit VR in the sim, make changes on the desktop and continue flying back in VR. There were a couple of occasions where I had audio stuttering and controller lag so I restarted the flight and it went away. Also few black frames here and there but again, so much better then the flashes I experienced before.

Much anticipation now for Microsoft to complete the necessary VR optimizations in the sim, hopefully the result will be just as substantial as this beta. Sorry for not replying earlier, I was simply overwhelmed, flying.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Beta 27 has stopped the flashes but has unfortunately in MSFS caused crashes out of VR. The game still plays on, I just get dumped back to my oculus home screen in VR.

Pressing the keys to go back into VR works fine and it'll work for awhile before crashing out again. I get about 5 to 10 mins before it cuts out of MSFS. This has never happened before this update. I've never had a crash out ( Yes I've been lucky) So we're are nearly there but there's something still not right. Anybody else have this?

No problems so far with my Rift S and not a single video glitch today.

Most stable and enjoyable experience so far.

I've not come across the problem you describe so time to open a new Oculus ticket ?

Are you using the "homeless" option in the Oculus tray tool ? Just a guess that might be worth a try.

Hi thanks for your reply . Someone suggested I upgrade to version 27 and since then it’s great . Thanks for getting in touch 

Thanks for the advice . Since your suggestion it’s worked great . Much appreciated 

yosemVR
Explorer

fabdechnord
Honored Guest

Disablink beta not works now ... Flash every second !!!😡

Things changed, new official release v26 is buggy, you need now to re- enable beta to be on beta v27.x which fix this issue, at least for all users posting around. 

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

fabdechnord
Honored Guest

Hello !

Oh thank you ! I try it

LoL !

I found this with Ver 26 : https://youtu.be/L_Hxr06kj80

I will not play with such "fix" which revert back to an old v24.x Oculus version and prevent any further update. I know some guys dreamed about this, but I'm not this kind of guy 😉 I saw people who applied this "fix" and now screaming in forums to get v27.x beta without success due to the files and folder corruption.

I prefer things to get fixed officially without going down the rabbit hole and jump out of the boat 😉

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1