cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a secondary account an admin on another device

Hi there. I am a librarian who has 2 Oculus Quest 2 headsets to use for programming. I started out with just 1 account and had both headsets sharing apps. I have since gotten clearance and was able to purchase apps for the 2nd headset in effort to be able to cast both at the same time. I know that only the admin account can cast. I thought factory resetting everything and logging only one account onto each headset and pairing with a unique mobile device would solve the problem. It has not. Each account has purchased apps. Each account has its own headset to be used for. When I tried to cast Acct#2 to the oculus app on Acct#2's tabled, the tablet that Acct#1 is hooked up to popped up with a message that my headset was attempting to cast. Acct #2 isn't even paired to that tablet. I have searched up and down the internet. I have had IT work on it. We are stumped. Does anyone have any suggestion as to how I can cast 2 oculus 2 headsets at the same time? I have 2 accounts with their own apps that have already been purchased. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for getting back to us with the confirmation! We have gone ahead and disabled app sharing, so please sign out of your mobile app, reboot your headsets, and log back into your mobile app to see if the casting is now working properly! Let us know if this has helped! 

View solution in original post

When you are factory resetting your second headset for Acct#2, are you signing in and pairing the headset with the device that is logged in with Acct#2? This would be the steps to take for trying to log in with Acct#2 on the second headset. Just for clarification, the first headset with Acct#1 on it, does it have a secondary account associated to it, or is it just the one account? If the headset for Acct#1 has Acct#2 on it as well, then please turn off the secondary account from headset one. This can be done by going on our website to the device tab by logging into the Oculus website and clicking devices under the profile option in the top right of the screen. By getting rid of any secondary accounts on the headset, the headsets should pick up each account as their own allowing you to be able to cast from each device. Please let us know if these steps were able to help! If not, please get back to us with the following information:

• Both account usernames
  • For clarification, when you are trying to cast from the headset with Acct#2 the device with Acct#1 signed in is the one that attempts to cast?
  • Have you attempted casting to a computers web browser? (Casting with Meta Quest)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Thank you for the detailed explanation! What you are describing should be the fix, but with that being said, this is a strange situation that we hope has a simple solution! We think that your mobile app for your Acct#1 is likely keeping some of the data from the Acct#2 since you had at one point did app sharing. With that being said, we recommend uninstalling and reinstalling the mobile apps for both Acct#1 and Acct#2 to get a fresh log in and pair for both devices! Another potential fix for this issue is that app sharing is causing the mobile apps to still be synced. With your permission, we can turn off app sharing on your first device to see if this fixes the issue. We see that you no longer need app sharing considering that you have purchased the apps again on Acct#2. Please get back to us on whether or not you would like for us to turn off app sharing to see if this helps fix the issue! We look forward to hearing back from you!  

Yes that would be amazing if you could help and turn off the app sharing! Thank you for such a speedy response. I truly appreciate it. 

Thanks for getting back to us with the confirmation! We have gone ahead and disabled app sharing, so please sign out of your mobile app, reboot your headsets, and log back into your mobile app to see if the casting is now working properly! Let us know if this has helped! 

It still shows Acct#1 (Slc Library Tech) as the administrator account to this one. Is there a way to separate these accounts at all? I've removed the app from the tablets and reinstalled. Neither account has app sharing enabled. Even factory resetting the headsets doesn't seem to help. 

When you are factory resetting your second headset for Acct#2, are you signing in and pairing the headset with the device that is logged in with Acct#2? This would be the steps to take for trying to log in with Acct#2 on the second headset. Just for clarification, the first headset with Acct#1 on it, does it have a secondary account associated to it, or is it just the one account? If the headset for Acct#1 has Acct#2 on it as well, then please turn off the secondary account from headset one. This can be done by going on our website to the device tab by logging into the Oculus website and clicking devices under the profile option in the top right of the screen. By getting rid of any secondary accounts on the headset, the headsets should pick up each account as their own allowing you to be able to cast from each device. Please let us know if these steps were able to help! If not, please get back to us with the following information:

• Both account usernames
  • For clarification, when you are trying to cast from the headset with Acct#2 the device with Acct#1 signed in is the one that attempts to cast?
  • Have you attempted casting to a computers web browser? (Casting with Meta Quest)