cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Quest 2 Crashing during gameplay

the1truenerd
Honored Guest

Hi,

I received my new meta quest 2 on monday. I managed to play about thirty minutes of the game i was on (sairento untethered) before it unexpectedly crashed and took me back to the meta home area with no error message. Since then this has happened frequently with every game I try to run, and is not helped by charging, turning the headset off and on again, or anything like that. 

In addition, my guardian is very glitchy - claiming it detects objects in my area when none are there, and giving me the error “com.oculus.guardian is not responding” quite frequently. It is also having a lot of issues casting to my laptop.

Help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks 

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey the1truenerd! We see that you are having issues with your headset. This is definitely not the type of experience we want you to have and we would like to make sure we get you pointed in the right direction. When it comes to the device having multiple issues, the best solution would be to do a total factory reset on the device. This will not delete your purchases or progress as they are tied to your account and not the headset. You would just need to redownload the game. If after doing the factory reset, you are still having problems, we would like to get you over to our support team. If you go here and create a ticket, you will be connected with one of our agents who can assist you further. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!