cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta Quest Pro Annoying "Controller Not Tracking" Pop Ups

studlygoorite
Expert Protege

Hi, 

Using the Quest Pro and I don't use the controllers but pop ups keep popping up saying they are not tracking and I have to go pick them up to get rid of it, any chance there is a way to stop this notification from popping up? I found nothing in the Notifications setting. Also, I have switched to hand tracking but still get these pop ups Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

studlygoorite
Expert Protege

Support has informed me that the controllers should be on the charger to eliminate the controller not tracking pop ups, and they were right, so far so good.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

JamBox88
Retired Support

How's it going @studlygoorite! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your new device. Constant pop-ups are inconvenient whether working or playing games. 

This has recently become a known issue, and Meta engineers are working to find a solution.

Can you tell me if this happens in a specific app or in all apps?

Thanks!

Kudos, kudos and more kudos!

Doing very well thank you, I only play one app 🙂 it's Visual Pinball, I use my Virtual Pinball cabinet as the controller for my flippers and don't need the Meta controllers. Other games that I would play like Golf I can check tomorrow as I would only use one of the controllers and I'll see if the pop up occurs with the other.

airmouse
Protege

This popup can be annoying when developing, "Controller Not Tracking"

studlygoorite
Expert Protege

Further to this, every boot up of the Meta Software and connecting with Link there is another annoying pop up "Allow connected device to access files? The device that you're connected to will be able to access files saved on your headset" and then the option to "allow" or "deny" and says "Deny, and don' show again. But what if I want to allow "and don't show again?????

studlygoorite
Expert Protege

My controllers took an update today and the annoying "Controller Not Tracking" pop ups are gone, NICE!! Now we just need that other pop up I mentioned taken care of and I am golden...unless I can just click "deny" I'm not sure if I need my PC to access files saved on my headset or not. Kudos to Meta Engineers for fixing the other pop ups in good time, I was thinking of returning it because of that.

I take this back, today it seems the pop ups for the controllers are back and more frequent!!

Oh no! That's just not good. You can still contact Meta Store Support as they have the tools to further troubleshoot and try to fix this. Contact them and open a support ticket or chat.

All the best.

Kudos, kudos and more kudos!

Yeah, I basically can't develop for this HMD, it's nagging the heck out of me! The Quest is neat but can be annoying at times. However could easily become my favorite HMD if UX were improved.

studlygoorite
Expert Protege

Support has informed me that the controllers should be on the charger to eliminate the controller not tracking pop ups, and they were right, so far so good.