cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meta offers no support for airlink

cheeeze
Explorer

I have been unable to use my Meta Quest 2 for around 2 months.

There is a known issue with Air link stuttering and this has affected my device for too long already.

I have a relatively large games and experiences collection that I bought both on the Oculus and Steam stores and I cannot enjoy any of them. We are talking about a couple hundred dollars worth of applications + 600$ CAN headset. 

I have been very patient but this is getting too far. 

Meta offers no way to roll back before v46 and is not giving any ETA on a fix.

How is this even possible?

Imagine if Sony was selling a non-working ps5. This would make headlines and a collective action would be taken against them. Do we have to accept this just because this is VR and is not as mainstream as other hardware ?

3 REPLIES 3

RoastPork
Retired Support

Hey, I want to say I understand how frustrating this is and I'm sorry it's souring your Quest experience. Could you tell what troubleshooting you've done so far and whether or not you've already contacted @MetaQuestSupport about this? I wanna make sure we don't repeat anything you've already done and get this worked out as quick as possible. 😊

Genesis does what Nintendon't! Send me a DM if you have questions. I'm happy to help!

I don't mean to be rude but that is the exact reply I was expecting from an Oculus official. 

Acting like the problem can be fixed on my side and ignoring the many problems originating from the oculus software.

what have I tried ?

I bought a wifi 6 router, I formatted and reinstalled windows 10. Updated my bios and each and every drivers. I spent hours watching Airlink tweaking youtube videos and searching forums for something I could have missed.

The problem is not on my side. 2 friends of mine are having the same problems since v46.

When I move my head sideways stuttering happens. My device has been collecting dust for months. 

What do you suggest now ?  

It sounds like you've tried several troubleshooting options, we appreciate you letting us know. AirLink and PC issues can be a bit complex, but it's nothing our amazing support team can't handle! You can reach out to us via live chat, email, or schedule a call here. We'll do our best to get you back in the game!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!