cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MetaQuest 2 App menu not working

Fozzyack
Explorer

Hi!

I started using the MetaQuest 2 yesterday and I have been running into a pretty annoying bug.

Description:

When clicking on the application menu in the navigation bar a small blue bar pops up and thats it. Occasionally the application menu will appear but shaded out and behind the blue bar where I still can't click any of the applications. As a result, I have to access all the installed apps through the store page. It does this both at the home section aswell as ingame.

What I've tried:

- Turning it off and on again

- Factory reseting

Both of these havent Worked

Tried uploading a screenshot of the problem but got: Uploading MQ2bug.png resulted in the following error: Error Code: Upload Failed.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Fozzyack
Explorer

Due to an update (I suspect) the App Menu / Library seems to be working again. Didn't have to factory reset, turn wifi off or switch language.

Thankyou Meta for solving the problem!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Fozzyack! We can definitely understand how inconvenient this issue must be, and how it could negatively impact your VR experience. We'd be more than happy to help out! Seeing as you've already tried a factory reset and power cycling the headset, we'd recommend reaching out to us through the Meta Store Support website where we have a bit more ability to get situations like this resolved. We'll be looking forward to hearing from you! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thanks for the reply.

I have messaged store support and they said that they will get back to me when they have figured out the issue.

Also maybe another bug. I have the game "Blade and Sorcery: Nomad" installed. However, I can't search this up in the shop screen.

C42M
Honored Guest

Hope to see an outcome for you. I've been having the same grey box for the last 4 hours and just got this Q2 headset

Fozzyack
Explorer

Just for documenting (ish) purposes:

A commonality between problems seems to be that SystemUX crashes:

• SystemUX crashes -> User factory resets -> User unable to access App Menu due to bug
  • SystemUX crashes upon reboot
  • SystemUX crashes upon openning the "App Permissions" section of the settings folder

Workarounds for now:

• Using the mirror to escape the App library menu
  • Holding the power button until prompted to 'shutdown' or 'restart' but instead clicking 'cancel' to escape the menu
  • Using the mobile phone app to start games
  • Using the shop to start games
  • Rebooting the Headset
  • Attempting to console yourself and forcing yourself to believe that the new headset you bought was worth the money

sohnli1
Honored Guest

I got the exact same problem with my Q2 which I used to enjoy smoothly.

The process of the recent SW update was quite bumpy and now the updated SW turned my valuable Q2 into a piece of crap.

Hey there, sohnli1. Thank you for reaching out and letting us know that you are experiencing the same issues with the MetaQuest 2 app menu not working. We know that something like that can take all of the fun out of your VR experience, and we want to get you back to gaming. So we can see about getting your device working smoothly again, we have a few steps we would like you to follow.

First, we would like for you to do a cloud backup and then do a factory reset.

To perform a factory reset using your phone:

1. Open the Meta Quest app on your phone.
  2. Tap Devices in the bottom menu.
  3. Tap the headset connected to your phone.
  4. Tap Advanced Settings.
  5. Tap Factory Reset and then Reset.

To perform a factory reset using the headset:

1. Turn off your headset.
  2. Hold the power and volume (-) buttons on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  3. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  4. Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

If your issues persist, please don't hesitate to reach out. We are looking forward to your reply.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hello! Just checking in to see if you are still needing assistance with your app menu. If so, please do reach back out to us at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

Fozzyack
Explorer

Due to an update (I suspect) the App Menu / Library seems to be working again. Didn't have to factory reset, turn wifi off or switch language.

Thankyou Meta for solving the problem!

C42M
Honored Guest

How have you done the update? I keep hearing about it but nothing comes up