cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing features after updating to V66

Wolffman_Two
Explorer

After the latest issues I have now V66 installes on my Quest 3, how do I know if all V66 functionalities are active? and why are some available and some not....

Meta Wrist button - Yes

Playing Background Audio - ?

Hiding apps in your library - No

Space setup of auto capturing furniture - ?

Meta quest gallery on web - ?

Sleep mode option - No

Passthough distortion - ?

My system:

• What's the full version number of your headset?
  • System version
  • Runtime version
  • Operation system Version
    • SQ3A.220605.009.A1
  • What's the full version number of your PC app?
  • Is your PC app on PTC?
    • Yes
  • Are you enrolled in Quest PTC?
    • Yes
  • Which headset is everyone using?
    • Quest 3 256GB
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you so much for your patience while we reviewed this situation. We have reached out for clarification on the v66 features, and we have an update on this. These features are still rolling out, so don't worry. This isn't a bug or a misunderstanding. We'll need to give things a bit longer for all of the features to roll out.

From here, based on some of your original posts, we'd recommend sending your feedback on how these updates rollout work, so our developers can know how you feel about it. While those posts do not receive direct replies, it does allow other people to chime in and share support for your feedback as well! You can send your feedback by posting on the Ideas board.

We appreciate your help with this matter! If there is ever anything else that you need, please don't hesitate to reach out!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

chris.o.yul
Expert Protege

Sometimes, after the firmware is installed, additional features are appearing at a later time.

This happened to me with the "lying down" feature and the "airplane mode" with the last two firmware releases. They were not initially there but appeared few hours/days later.

I think that when you shutdown the headset and you see that an update is being applied is an indication of these deferred features being installed.

With updates that don't actually update since part or all of the updates are actually missing it seems to be more of a lottery than anything else. If parts of the update fails (not deployed/who knows) how will I know if and when I will get these. 

This is by far the most annoying way of updating I have ever seen, just give bundle all the functionalities and version number them or deploy partial version numbers/increments whatever. This way you have to start investigating what is or is not deployed with no way of knowing if it is broke or delayed deployed.

Hey there, @Wolffman_Two! We want to ensure that you have access to all available features, so let's look into this together! If you are on the latest update, you should have access to all of the features referenced in the release notes. One option that you could explore would be disabling the PTC, as some features may not be available while this is enabled, while they are available in the live version. For information on how to opt out of the Quest PTC, please view our support article here.

If that doesn't work, we recommend reporting the problem as a potential bug within your headset.

We hope this information helps! If there is anything else that we can look into, please don't hesitate to reach out!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have logged a ticket after I disabled PTC and rebooted /turned the headset off. I wish that Meta would stop with the lottery deployment system though. I would be nice to know what features you should have when your headset is on a specific version. 

Thanks for getting back to us @Wolffman_Two! We certainly understand the need to know what features are available to which update versions, so please feel free to check out our release notes page to stay on top of future features and changes. If you have any other questions or concerns then please feel free to reach back out to us! 

This is the status and does not coprrespond to the release notes:

Meta Wrist button - Yes

Playing Background Audio - ?

Hiding apps in your library - No

Space setup of auto capturing furniture - yes

Meta quest gallery on web - ?

Sleep mode option - No

Passthough distortion - ? (no way to check since the version numbering doesn't mean anything)

Hello @Wolffman_Two. We see you've got a mix of things that seem to be available and other things that are not available. At this time we suggest keeping an eye out for any bug updates or fixes via the forum and our website. We hope this was helpful and are still standing by to assist if you need help in the future. Thanks. 

Hi,

I copied the list from the v66 release notes, the should all be out now, correct?

The help section only refers to V65 functionalities while the system says it is on V66..

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?