cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My oculus doesn't work and i need help to fix it

madhacker1106
Honored Guest

Every time i get on my oculus, it loads the three dots for about a minute and it says that is need to make a new boundary, but i already have one but it makes me create a new one, and then it glitches to wear the floor level goes down a bunch and it sometimes doesn’t do that and when it doesn’t, i don’t know if it is the tracking but every time i try to play it my controller keeps glitching on the screen and i can’t controls it, also i shut it down numerous times and restarted it and it changed nothing, and it wont let me play any games so if someone knows whats going, pleases give some advice so i can try to fix it.

8 REPLIES 8

Suspen5ion
Explorer

I think it has to do with the need to reset your "floor." I've had a similar glitch before, just keep resetting the floor and boundary it will work it self out eventually. Good luck.

Thanks for the help, bit i tried to do that and the controllers and boundary height or floor what ever its called goes really for below me and nothing i tried works

Suspen5ion
Explorer

You have to get to the end of boundary rest. Make sure you rest the floor not just the boundary and be quick about it before it glitches out again. Unless you have damaged the unit then you are going to need a new one. Good luck.

You can also try switching to stationary mode then editing boundary in your settings.

Suspen5ion
Explorer

You could also try a factory rest.

This is done on the meta app on your phone. You can google it.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey hey, @madhacker1106 ! We just wanted to pop on by as we noticed you were having issues with boundaries. We have located something that will hopefully resolve this issue. We went ahead and listed it for you below:

Clear your guardian's history

• Press the Oculus logo on your right controller
  • Click on the clock on the left side of the universal menu
  • Select Settings 
  • In the settings panel, select Guardian
  • Select "Clear Guardian history."
  • Redraw your Guardian boundaries by selecting "Adjust Guardian" from the Guardian settings menu

You can also try what @Suspen5ion  has mentioned, which is a factory reset of your headset. We hope this helps resolve your issue; if not, feel free to reach back out and we will try our best to lend a hand.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Suspen5ion
Explorer

Ah clear guardian history there you go, good tip meta.

I got it to work and thank yall so very much

Hey again! We are glad to hear you are back up and running! We hope you enjoy the wonderful world of VR! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?