cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help with software issue

GatorMan09
Honored Guest

Ok so i took my headset in to get it fixed and i have it back now but i turn it on and the controllers weren't connected so i tried connecting them via phone but couldn't and it doesn't help that the lock screen on the quest prevents me from doing anything so i decided that maybe Factory resetting then connecting it to my phone would work but in the set up area were it tells me to pull the tab out of the controller goes blank after a few seconds. I can still see the power off area and volume selection though as well as can still hear the music 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We appreciate you giving those recommendations a try! We'd like to bring you into a private message to look into this further with us! Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

GatorMan09
Honored Guest

Some more information i have discovered. I manged to connect it to my phone before the screen going dark, it says the controllers are paired but they don't connect and make buzzs a lot

No further worries, @GatorMan09! Have we at least been able to make it back to the home environment after factory reset? Are we aware of if the headset was "fixed" or replaced? If replaced, follow the instructions below to pair your controllers:

1. Press and hold the headset power button until the display turns on.
  2. Wait for the initial setup to complete.
  3. Once complete, you will be prompted to pair your controllers. In VR, you will be asked to remove the pull tabs, or it will state that the controllers are not found. This is because the controllers do not come with the headset replacement. You will need to use the gaze function to complete setup.
  4. To use the gaze function, put on the headset and move your head to navigate in VR. To select prompts in VR, use the headset volume and power buttons.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process. This will include setting up your account, downloading any necessary updates, and configuring your preferences.
  6. Once the setup is complete, you can start using your headset with the controllers.

If you have further questions or encounter issues during the set-up process, please let me know.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Unfortunately no i have not been able to make it back to the home environment, once the initial setup loads the screen will go dark after a few seconds and i will be unable to do anything although it is still on as I can still see the volume bar that appears and hear the setup music 

Understood. Are you seeing a dead android and "No Command" error message or seeing the Boot Device option? Most boot issues can be resolved by removing any 3rd party accessories and charging for 2 hours until the green LED shows. Check that the volume button is not stuck. Press and hold the power button for about 10-15 seconds or until the headset is forced off, then follow the normal steps to perform a factory reset ensuring the headset is OFF before attempting the steps, and the correct volume down button is held. Keep us posted, @GatorMan09!

Hey again! We just wanted to circle back around to see if you still needed assistance. Please feel free to reach back out to us at any time!

I made a previous post a couple of weeks back, but I feel that I didn't explain my issue well enough. Here is a more in-depth version that I hope will help you understand better.

After getting my Meta Quest 2 charger port fixed, I began having controller issues. Thinking that something was wrong with the software, I factory reset the device. Now, whenever I turn it on, it brings me to the setup screen that appears when you first get your headset. The controllers are still disconnected, but after a couple of seconds, the screen goes to an artificial black. If I hold down the power button, it still takes me to the menu where you decide if you want to reset or power off. Is this something that can be fixed? Is there more information I should include?

Some important details I think could help are:

• Even though the controllers are disconnected and do not appear, the Meta app says they are connected, and the controllers will buzz and vibrate.

I hope this explains my situation properly. Any help would be much appreciated.

I appreciate the support you have given me, but I feel as if I didn't properly explain my issue as well as I should have. I have gone ahead and made another support form, so I will be closing this one as well.

Greetings @GatorMan09 

Make sure your remote has battery’s (Fresh batteries) then with that’s not working then take it to your latest repair shop and tell them what’s happening.

I put in brand new batteries, and unfortunately, it did not work. I would take it to a repair shop, but I've already spent around $50 - $60 to fix it previously, and not to mention it's a few hours away. I'd rather fix it at home if it's possible.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?