cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Oculus Quest 2 Cannot Setup

ReDookulous
Honored Guest

I just bought an Oculus Quest 2, and the only thing I’ve been able to do is connect it to the internet. Now, it’s having me pair it to my oculus app with a 5 digit code, but my phone won’t pair because it says the oculus needs a software update…but I can’t get past the pairing setup on my oculus to update the device. What can I do?

12 REPLIES 12

TaviTav
Honored Guest

Having the same issue and it is driving me insane.. my son wants to play his games so bad and email after email and I can't get it fixed ..I had to tell them that his old oculus serial number was still showing in app...they then sent me a link where I was able to delete that old oculus...praying we didn't lose our purchased apps ..now everytime I try to pilair the new one get the same thing saying install software...HOW HOW HOW...I CANT CONNECT THE HEADET TO THE WIFI OR DO ANYTHING IF THE DARN HEADSET WONT PAIR.... Soooooo frustrating 

Tanni32
Protege

Same issue. I've been waiting for Oculus/Meta engineers to fix this known global issue for 11 days now but they are yet to find a solution. I'm getting really annoyed 😡

Screenshot_20220902-125446_Oculus.jpg

Yes, I also encountered this problem with quest1

Hey there. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we thank you for your continued patience. This is an ongoing issue not intended by design, and our engineers are doing everything they can to work on it.

In the meantime, we recommend you keep an eye out on the forum and our official Twitter page @MetaQuestVr for updates. We hope to have this issue fixed soon.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

This is what I did. Instead of using my wifi through the router in the house, I turned it off & used my hot spot on my phone, then everything fell into place, no issues after that. I had tried everything available & nothing worked. Try this after a factory reset, see what happens. After that worked, I switched back to the wifi we normally use & it worked fine. Phew. 

Do you have an iphone or android? i tried this with iphone and didnt work, but ill try again

This is where I get confused, I've read many instructions that say to connect a quest 2 headset to a phone make sure the location & bluetooth is turned on and that the headset & phone are both connected to the same wifi network, then open the Oculus mobile app and pair the headset to the app. So how can I tell if the headset is connected to my wifi network before the headset is paired to the app as I can't get into the headset settings until it's paired. And why is bluetooth needed as I don't see the headset pair to my phone's bluetooth as it's not seen on the list of devices connected to my bluetooth.

So when you say you turned off your router in your house and used the hotspot on your phone, does that mean your phone internet is connected to it's cellular 4g network not your home wifi so your headset connects to your phone's cellular network via your phone? Thanks

I tried it with my android phone and it didn't work either

In my case I could set the wifi the first time i started the Quest 2, my controllers work fine and updates were made too (normal, not side load).

after that you have two ways of re setting wifi:

- Turn off the router, maybe reset the quest and the quest will show an error and ask you for wifi again

- As an alternative: Factory reset will ask you for wifi again (to factory reset start the quest holding power and - at the same time untill you see the meta logo) and select factory reset