cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Air Link Virtual Desktop Black Screen

MonkeyMajic
Explorer

So I just updated to v28 and wanted to try out air link.

When I go to use the virtual desktop (Oculus version in Home) I just get a black screen. I can see mouse cursor moving around but nothing else.

The rest of home is still visible around the black screen, almost like it's just failing to render the computer screen. 

Seen some people have this issue when using link wired, but I'm using Air Link.

Anyone know a fix or encountering same issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MonkeyMajic
Explorer

Solution here!

https://youtu.be/H_WbAHVV7o4

Sorted mine out 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MonkeyMajic
Explorer

Solution here!

https://youtu.be/H_WbAHVV7o4

Sorted mine out 🙂

Thank you for the link that did the trick!

amessiah
Explorer

sadly, that not helped me..

now i got yellow picture inside black screen:

amessiah_1-1643917653039.jpeg

need assistance

The youtube above didn't work for me - but if you have HDR enabled for your monitor(s), disable them and see if that helps. (from windows graphic setting)

That's what fixed it for me.

Setting up new gaming PC with Quest 2 via air link. I had the same problem. PC is hooked up to LG Oled and had HDR on within display settings. Turned off and everything worked fine. Thank you!

VR-Miki
Honored Guest

I have the problem that the Laserpointer head have a defective textur in a 2650 x 1600 resulotion. In a 1920 x 1200 resoution is the problem not to see. How can i fix it? It is a 16 zoll Gaming Laptop from Lenovo.

I've been trying to figure this out for hours now, I hate that this worked... THANK YOU! I didn't try this sooner as when attempting the graphics setting fix my graphics setting has a box "don't use auto HDR", since I checked that, I assumed that HDR wasn't the problem. Heads up for any one else in the same boat checking "don't use Auto HDR isn't enough. Disabling HDR is necessary.