cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gear VR

SaviddL
Explorer

Looked at a bunch of other posts and cant solve this issue. My headset was working fine until today where i was forced to get a using a meta account. Since then all i get is a "Facebook Session Expired" error. I've uninstalled Facebook and Oculus apps and reinstalled, no change. I created a new FB account and Linked it but again when i open the Oculus Gear VR app i get that error, rebooted the device, no change, removed all FB accounts from my device (S9+) and added only the new account, no change. My old Oculus account doesn't work as i get a "No network Connection" error there. WTF is up with Meta forcing users into this crap that is rife with issues. And I cant raise a ticket because there is no support option for Gear VR. And I refuse to buy a $400 headset just on principle...My existing one worked just fine until today.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TheLegend27
Meta Quest Support
Meta Quest Support

Announcement:

Hey everyone. At exactly 5PM today US CST, we've pushed out emails to our users regarding the future of Oculus & Samsung's Gear VR. While Gear VR marked a significant milestone in the VR journey, this device is no longer in production. Starting March 18th 2024 all Gear VR devices will not be receiving any further updates or allowing app installations and will stay as is.

We understand the impact this may have on your VR experience and we thank you for your understanding. We are so incredibly grateful that you all continue to be a part of our vibrant community and we look forward to sharing the exciting future of VR with you. Although we're no longer supporting Gear VR, Customer Support is always here to help.

Technology, at a certain level of sophistication, is indistinguishable from magic. - some wise guy or something probably

View solution in original post

401 REPLIES 401

bakaria
Honored Guest

I haven't used my Geair for over a year now. When I installed the app and connect to my profile, during the selection of the headset, when I select Samsung Gear VR, it takes me to a browser page with a FAQ. How do I connect my Galaxy S8 ?

Does oculus link works for Samsung Gear VR?

Short answer = No

Link is only applicable to the Quest 1 and 2 with a suitable PC.  You may want to do a little more Google research mate.  

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel the same pain you are Saviddl.  I am getting the exact same issues as you are.  I have also done all the same stuff.  Uninstalled and reinstalled both, tried different email accounts etc.  Meta says you dont need a facebook account, but when I try a new Meta account that is not related to facebook, or even try one that is related, when I put in my email and password, I get the "No network Connection" error.  And just to prove that I do have a network connection, I put in an incorrect password, and it tell me email address or password incorrect, so it is working.  So a bit WTF is going on, right now my Gear VR is a dead brick.

Come on Meta, sort this S^&T out.

almost_Dr_Rod
Explorer

Yeap. Getting the same error. Took a screen shot of error to log support ticket and there is no link to Meta support to log a ticket. Terrible migration to new platform and terrible support. I guess my phone, controller and headset all go in the bin now???

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We hate hearing that your Gear VR isn't working. We'd love to help.

We do not service the Samsung Gear anymore. We have provided you a link to the Support you need for this device HERE. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

HI - The problem is not my Gear VR at all, in fact it was working perfectly, the problem is that i can no longer use it because i cant login to oculus and thus the device is now unusable, that link you posted is of no help for this problem unfortunately.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there SaviddL. Could you please PM us so we can assist you with your account information while keeping it private? We'd love to help you with your account.

Please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here: https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I am having the exact same issue as SaviddL, I will message you as well.

Thank you.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?