cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest 2 Making Grinding Noise

anthonypic1
Honored Guest

This started today and I have not recently dropped or harmed my headset in any way. When I turn my head left with the headset on it makes a grinding sound. It only happens when I turn right. It also only happens when the headset is on.

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there @anthonypic1, we know how troublesome it is to be experiencing unwarranted noises coming from your headset, so let's dive into this further! We have a few suggestions we'd like to recommend trying in attempt to remedy the grinding noises you are hearing from the headset. 

• Have you tried gently removing the face pad and re-installing it?

We also recommend performing a factory reset:

• Turn off your headset.
  • Hold the power and volume (-) button on your headset down simultaneously until the boot screen loads on your headset.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Factory Reset and press the power button.
  • Use the volume buttons on your headset to highlight Yes and press the power button.

Let us know how that works! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. We will be patiently waiting for your response! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!