cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift S - Controllers aren't visible in-game

smeagle30
Honored Guest

Hello,

I have a problem with my VR headset. When I start the Meta Quest Link app, my Touch controllers are displayed. However, as soon as I start a game, they are no longer displayed until I exit the game. When I return to the Meta app, they are displayed normally again.

What I have already tried to solve the problem:

• I deleted the Meta Quest Link app including all saved data and reinstalled it, but this didn't help
  • I completely reinstalled Windows 11, even reformatting the NVME during setup, but the problem still persists

Does anyone have an idea what else I can try?

7 REPLIES 7

lwt-pressy
Explorer

@smeagle30 wrote:

Hello,

I have a problem with my VR headset. When I start the Meta Quest Link app, my Touch controllers are displayed. However, as soon as I start a game, they are no longer displayed until I exit the game. When I return to the Meta app, they are displayed normally again.

What I have already tried to solve the problem:

• I deleted the Meta Quest Link app including all saved data and reinstalled it, but this didn't help
  • I completely reinstalled Windows 11, even reformatting the NVME during setup, but the problem still persists

Does anyone have an idea what else I can try?

Product: Oculus Rift (no S; why is it not selectable anymore?)
I have the same problem and the only solution is going back to previous version, don't dot the update. Make sure to snooze the updates for 4 hours again, again and again. Don't run longer as 4 hours and make sure to stop the service before the 4 hours are reached. Otherwise reinstall or use a backup.

Where can I find the previous version?

lwt-pressy
Explorer

I deinstalled all, then I use a the old OculusSetup.exe. This will download a previous version. When it then asked you for the update say no. Also go directly in  the settings and deactivate all auto-update switches (I thing it was 2)

I have the same issue. From where did you get the old setup program?

Hey, everyone! We certainly want to do everything we can to make sure your experience in VR  is thriving, so we popped in to help get your controllers back in the game! To begin with, we'd like to make sure we have a good idea of this situation overall. When you all have a moment, please answer the following clarification questions:  

• Are your controllers disappearing in every game or just a specific one?
  • Are you using any third-party accessories with your controllers? If so, please remove them.
  • Can you confirm that your PC currently meet the minimum requirements to support this connection as listed here
  • Have you tried changing your play environment at all? 
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

smeagle30
Honored Guest
  • Are your controllers disappearing in every game or just a specific one? Yes, in every game.
  • Are you using any third-party accessories with your controllers? If so, please remove them. No, i don`t use third-party accessories.
  • Can you confirm that your PC currently meet the minimum requirements to support this connection as listed hereRyzen 5-5600x, 32Gb RAM, RTX 3060, Windows 11 23H2
  • Have you tried changing your play environment at all?  Yes, I have tried.

So looking into this, we appear to have a thread where we are tracking reports of this since the most recent update. You can find more information and updates from our mod team here. There does appear to be a user workaround that was posted in the thread as well, so you may look into that in the meantime while we have our engineers looking into this further. Hopefully they can provide more information soon for everyone affected. If you need anything else, please reach back out and we will be happy to work with you again. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?