cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift Screen Tearing Jumpy, glitchy artifacts (Help, can anyone tell me what's causing this?)

legaiaflame
Honored Guest

I'm getting screen tearing and jumpy, glitchy artifacts. So, this is happening slightly in the Oculus interface. Like I'll see little blips of something fade in and out. Like noise or something? But it's even more apparent in Dolphin VR. So, when I start up a game I get these screen tearing artifacts. And when I'm in a game and turn my head left and right, both sides of the screen tear or look glitchy. Any ideas how to fix this, or what's causing it? Is it from too much power running through the system. I'm also using a 1200W AVR Surge protector. I'm using my Oculus Rift CV1 by the way...

Here are video examples and my specs below:

Dolphin VR Screen Tearing Part 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLeP5_qohRI&ab_channel=legaiaflame

Dolphin VR Screen Tearing Part 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wS__EqEUHQ&ab_channel=legaiaflame

My Specs:

Oculus Rift CV1

Windows 11 Home

Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core Processor 4.50 GHz

GPU Nvidia 4090

Installed RAM 64.0 GB (63.1 GB usable)

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

2 REPLIES 2

legaiaflame
Honored Guest

Found a solution!!!: This is an issue with Nvidia 4080's and 4090's GPU's.  I had to disable Asynchronous Spacewarp or ASW in the Oculus Debug tool menu. You can find the debug tool in C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics. Go to (PC)  Asynchronous Spacewarp and disable it and the artifacts will be gone. You might have to do this every time you restart Oculus or your computer so make a shortcut to the desktop.

CYAN_ure
Adventurer

This is not a solution. This is a workaround at most. We need ASW, Meta is aware of the issue since at least November and don't care or/and don't communicate about it. 6 months later, the issue still happens. (and in another 6 months, new graphic cards will be released). This is unacceptable and a complete lack of respect towards their customers.