Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Survey Scam

cairobaudelaire
Explorer

If you have recieved an email from some people named 

The Meta Quest Research team

It's probably a scam. This is how my email went.

*** Please disregard this email if you have already completed the survey and we sincerely appreciate your responses. Thank you!

Hello,

We're collecting feedback about our virtual reality experiences and products. You've been selected to take a survey because you're a valued Meta Quest owner.

The survey asks questions about your experiences with your Oculus avatar and should take about 5-10 minutes to complete. We will be collecting responses until July 22. Qualtrics, an independent research firm, is sending this survey to you on our behalf.

The feedback we receive from this survey together with information about how you use Oculus will help us improve our products. We'll collect and use your data in accordance with our Oculus Data Use Policy.

Follow this link to the Survey:
Take the Survey

Or copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
I'm not sending the link
Thanks,
The Oculus Research Team

If you don't want to receive a research email from Oculus, you can unsubscribe here. For any questions or concerns, visit the Facebook Help Center or email us at fbsurvey@fb.com.

If anything it's probably just an IP grabber, or some information grabber. I don't recommend clicking any of these surveys.

11 REPLIES 11

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, SageCairo! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It's extremely important our users are aware of scammers. We take privacy seriously! Could you please provide a screenshot of the message being sent out so we can determine whether it's a scam or not? 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey again! We just wanted to check in with you. Were you able to provide a screenshot of the potential scam that's being sent out?

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

yuh 

SageCairo7_0-1658431015610.png

the link takes you to the survey which is just a survey that probably wants to steal data.

Thank you for getting back to us! This is actually a verified domain and not a scam. Thank you for keeping an eye out, we do appreciate it!

wait so this is yall actually sending me this if it is I'll take this post down.

Yes, it is one of our verified domains, so it is indeed not a scam! If you ever have any issues in the future, please feel free to reach out. 

Screenshot_20221120_140618_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Screenshot_20221120_140624_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Screenshot_20221120_140629_Yahoo Mail.jpg

Garyagd
Honored Guest

I also recently received a similar email. Anyway to verify it's authenticity?