cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus app not installing, not enough space, cannot change the drive it will install on.

Authirmorgien
Honored Guest

This is my first forum post, I apologize if it does not make sense

I used to have the oculus app on my pc but I deleted it because I did not use it and My oculus would be stuck in a forever 3 dots loading screen and would not switch the to pc vr version.  Now when I try to install the oculus app, it says I don't have enough space, it does not give me a prompt saying which drive I should install on, and when I click on the help center it does not give me a solution. I cannot chose a different drive to install on, even though I have plenty space on my D and E drive.

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Authirmorgien. We appreciate you reaching out and welcome you to the community forums. We always love to see new people pop in! 

We see that you're having an issue with PC space when trying to download that desktop app on your PC, and we can completely see how troublesome something like this can be.

Not to worry; we are here to help. Can you tell us what you have done for troubleshooting, so we don't duplicate any processes?

We are looking forward to your reply.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, @Authirmorgien! Just checking in to see if you are still needing assistance with the Oculus app not installing. If so, please do reach back out to us at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Was a solution ever found? I have the same issue and require assistance 

Hello there, @Kiwi4060. We noticed you're having some trouble installing your PC app. No need to worry, we've got some steps you can try to get you in VR as quickly as possible. By default, the Meta Quest app will always try to install on your C drive. 

Try the following instructions to change your drive:

1. Place OculusSetup.exe in the new drive directory (i.e. F:).

2. Press Win+R to bring up run prompt and type cmd then "Enter".

3. Type cd/ after C:\Users\(username)>.

4. Type OculusSetup.exe /drive=[drive] after C:\>.

You should be good to go after this; if you have any more questions, please let us know!

Hey hey! Just checking in to see if you're still in need of our assistance!