cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus app won't show camera for quest 2 casting

Shui_Barkz
Honored Guest

trying to cast my quest 2 onto my Android tablet but it says it's casting but leads me back to the home app screen how can I see the camera? It worked yesterday, but for the love of me I forgot where I found the solution and I'm getting a bit frustrated. 

I can hear everything on the phone to, it just leads me to the homescreen instead of the camera and it's super annoying. 

Yes, both devices are on the same network and have power cycled twice! My tablet is capable of casting, so is my quest 2. I'm pretty sure this is a wonky app issue, My tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab S7. I would much appreciate the help. 

Update: note to self, turn the tablet around

14 REPLIES 14

Wilbur35
Honored Guest

This is happening to me too. I can't find a way to view the casting video.

yolo1231503
Honored Guest

I am having this problem with a s7+ tablet, what is the solution please. I have had no problems with a s3 tablet. Thank you.

Roky360
Protege

Same problem on Samsung S7 Plus tablet. Used to work fine now can only cast sound.

Hey @Roky360, is the issue only happening on the Samsung S7+ tablet? How long has this been going on by chance?

Sometimes it's okay to be a little Bing Chilling

@TheAntiSocializerIt stopped working around 6-7 months ago i believe, and yes works great on my Samsung Phone and also on my Amazon Tablets, it only does not work on The Samsung S7 Plus tablet. Seen quite a few others on seperate threads reporting same problem. Everyone seems to get Audio but no video, but used to work fine. Starts to try to cast, hear audio and then crashes back to home menu. Sorry i didn't reply sooner ive only just seen the message in email. Spoke to Oculus support, told me to contact Samsung saying it is Samsung Update that caused the issue, but i did not update the tablet at the time it went wrong i updated my Quest 2 and the App on the Samsung Tablet after not using my Quest 2 for a few weeks.

Shui_Barkz
Honored Guest

Hey guys, I saw a few people message about the issue still and my solution was flipping from portrait to landscape when casting. 

Unfortunately this did nothing for me... Still having the same issue, audio works fine, but jump back to the home menu, every time. I keep sending bug reports, but there seems to be no fixes yet. Can confirm that it works on other devices and tablets, just not the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7... @TheAntiSocializer can you confirm that this is being investigated? It is clear that this issue has been happening for months with no progress, there are numerous people posting about this exact issue.

Hi there, Yes same as @FirstCompetenceVR this also did nothing for me. In the same boat still not working.

Also stopped working same issue Samsung Galaxy A7 , I press start cast now on the tablet, awesome like it's going to show but redirects to oculus app home page but I can hear evrything from the headset on the tablet so its one casting sound and no video feed