cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus games crashed and then disappeared after restarting headset

paintnracer
Explorer

I got onto my headset and it wouldnt let me open a game,  every time i would try it would open for a couple seconds then change to 3 flickering dots and then close out the game and go into my home screen.  I tried restarting the headset and when it turned back on i opened my apps tab and every app i have gotten was gone, only the default tools like files was still there.  My oculus account still says i own the games but they are not in my library.  I went onto the store to a game i owned and it said “auth invalid”.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

paintnracer
Explorer

I have no clue what I did but it worked and I got all my stuff working.   I tried what you said but it kept saying something went wrong, but while I was waiting for my headset and phone to connect a screen popped up telling me about the "view 3 screens at once" update,  then once that screen was gone all of my stuff reappeared.  I tried opening a app and although it took a while it didn't crash and properly loaded.  I think the solution was to just wait for like 10 minutes and the headset just needed time to load the new update screen.  That's probably was why my headset kept crashing,  it was because the headset was trying to show me something (I didn't know it was) and I didn't let it show me.  Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, paintnracer! We understand that you're having some issues with your games being gone, so if you could, go ahead and log out of your Oculus app and log back in, and your games should appear back on your headset. Please let us know if this was of any help and for any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

This did not work my games are still not there.  It says "Unable to load,  Please try again later",  when I click on my profile image on the oculus headset.   I turned of my headset (powered off and also restarted it),  logged out of the oculus app on my phone,  relogged and then turned it back on.  I have also turned off my headset same as before,  logged out,  stay logged out and turned on my headset and had the same problem.  Nothing in my apps was showing besides the basics tools as before.

Hey there, rest assured we will not give up on this. 

If you have access to your Meta Quest mobile app, we ask for you to please launch a game from there. Once you do this check your headset to see if anything changes.

If you're still having issue then feel free to get back to us, and we will work together to get you up and running again! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

paintnracer
Explorer

I have no clue what I did but it worked and I got all my stuff working.   I tried what you said but it kept saying something went wrong, but while I was waiting for my headset and phone to connect a screen popped up telling me about the "view 3 screens at once" update,  then once that screen was gone all of my stuff reappeared.  I tried opening a app and although it took a while it didn't crash and properly loaded.  I think the solution was to just wait for like 10 minutes and the headset just needed time to load the new update screen.  That's probably was why my headset kept crashing,  it was because the headset was trying to show me something (I didn't know it was) and I didn't let it show me.  Thanks for the help!

YAYY!! This is good news friend!

We're glad that you have been redeemed from this ongoing issue. 

If you happen to run into anything or have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us. We will always be here to assist your needs, no matter what. 

Enjoy your weekend!