cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus quest 2 auto standby mode after a few seconds and when i return i have nothing but the song

Mazemerised
Honored Guest

Hello guys!

it's been a few month i got the Oculus quest 2 and i've been a frequent player of Beat Saber. 

Yesterday i even played it (i use the oculus air system or event the oculus link when i want, but i don't have that many space around my computer so i prefer the air one x) ) but today i wanted to play again, and here comes the problem:

when i run the oculus quest 2, a few seconds after the helmet is ON it'll go on standby mode (we can hear the song) by itself, and when i try to come back from the stadby mode while using the poser button, i have a black screen with only the song playing, and it's the case no matter where i am (oculus link, home page of the oculus quest 2 or even at the gardian thing at the beginning).

I tried to check everywhere but nothing could help me (since a lot of black screen pblm are when the helmet has to connect to oculus link) so at the end i finaly decided to reset factory. I did it and now i still have this auto standby mode even though i'm checking the start parameters (in fact i managed to go to the wifi settings but that's as far as i could go until it turned black).

Does anyone get an idea of what i could do?

Thanks for your future answers ^^

4 REPLIES 4

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Mazemerised! We will gladly help you out with this air link issue, so that you can get back to using Beat Saber! So that we can get this process started, we would like to ask you a few questions so that we can get a better understanding. Please answer the following:

• Have you tried any other troubleshooting steps?
  • Did you try rebooting or did you Factory reset?
  • Is this only happening on Beat Saber or other games as well?
  • Are both devices connected to the same network?
  • Are your graphics drivers up to date?

Please get back to us at your earliest convenience! We look forward to hearing back from you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there, thanks for the reply!

For now please let me correct one thing, it's not an air link issue since the problem occurs after a few second and anywhere (main screen,, game or not, ...etc without being connected to anything in fact x) ).

I wrote abose what are the steps i did in chronological form so let me copy paste it:

"I tried to check everywhere but nothing could help me (since a lot of black screen pblm are when the helmet has to connect to oculus link) so at the end i finaly decided to reset factory. I did it and now i still have this auto standby mode even though i'm checking the start parameters (in fact i managed to go to the wifi settings but that's as far as i could go until it turned black)."

Thanks again 😃 

Just in case i contacted the meta support and i'm waiting for more informations here too 😄 

Hello again, we appreciate the fast response. We hope you're doing well today!

It's great to know you have contacted our support team. You're in great hands! If you don't mind, can you please let us know what your ticket number is so that we can leave a note informing our team about this?

Since you're already in the best possible care, we would suggest only staying in contact with that support agent so that we avoid any confusion and repeating the same steps.

If you have any other questions or need any help in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out to us here!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Mazemerised
Honored Guest

Hello!

Here is the ticket number: 5222977

i'll try to post the answer or the repair method once i manage to get an answer from the support (he already answered but asked me some informations i need to give him (since it was a gift i need to ask the one who gifted it to me a bill or a command number xD)

thanks again for your help 😃