cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PTC v63 Scoped Storage Update

SlashAndBurn
Expert Protege

I know this will be a controversial topic, but there has been a enormous modding scene on Quest 1, 2 and 3 with people installing Nexus/Other mods into their games without needing a phone or computer.  And the introduction of Scoped Storage in V51 slowed modding for a month with the blocking on /Android/data, but a work around was eventually found with Scoped Storage that allowed access to all the juicy game/files/Mods folders.  But the V63 update has stealth updated Scoped Storage without notice and imposed additional restrictions that are more strict then Android 13.  This update will stop the average of 20k users a day from installing mods on a device they own without needing a computer or phone.

Just to state, if I point Scoped Storage to /Android/data, in the past, it would allow the user to grant access to the folder.  But after V63 it and all children are blocked due to privacy concerns.

Now still, a user can plug into their computer and access the the /Android/data content, which kind of makes locking it up from itself a weird flex of requiring a PC to mod their games.

424 REPLIES 424

akaelijah124
Explorer

i used the mod.io thing in bonelab and i linked my account and i used the mods that are supported with patch 4 and guess what is worked finally i can mod again 

RealRayT2
Honored Guest

I Was Gunna Go Mod Beat saber yesterday And my files are locked from a setting saying to protect your privacy choose another foldier and i try avoiding that with connecting my phone to remove that problem so i can mod beat saber and play custom songs but i still cant due to update V65 please fix this problem this shoudnt happen this is old error from 2010 it shouldn't be on here for the whole community of gamers who love using fun mods on games such as bonelab, beat saber and Contractors please fix this issue thank you meta fellowers

com.oculus.vrshell-20240615-235959.jpg

Ray Trenkler V

Unfortunately this is now a “feature.”

Meta has no plans of overturning this issue and it’s up to google/android to decide to give back access to platforms using their OS.

I don't think they will bring it back mate

We have new tools to mod beat saber and you're using an old guide. Join the beat saber modding group discord and ask for help there

fix scoped storage im on v66 and its still broken

fix it or ima start pirating stuff

maybe instead of making customers more mad by ignoring the obvious solution they just ignore the problem for their own profit. good way to loose customers. 👍

thx for ruining quest modding 🗣🔥

saharanys1097
Explorer

Update

saharany2717
Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?