cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with keyboard oculus quest 1

Oni_Gabriel
Explorer

Good afternoon, my problem is the following: I bought a keyboard, the MX Keys Mini, to be more exact, which is supposedly on the list of keyboards accepted with Oculus tracking, although I only see information on quest 2. The topic is the following, although I can link the keyboard and it works, I don't see it as it should be inside the oculus I can only use it. I tried to make an account for the claims but it tells me that the page is wrong. If I create the account, add the password and then it remains there on the whats news screen. What I already did, I reset it to the factory, I reconfigured everything but it didn't work. I thank you in advance for the help.

4 REPLIES 4

wuzp
Rising Star

"Officially," Keyboard Tracking is only supported on the Quest 2 and Quest Pro. The purpose of Keyboard Tracking, is so that you can see a virtualized image of the keyboard in the headset.

240660403_362560378742586_5874139064838539744_n.jpgThe other thing , I've noticed is the supported Logitech keyboards seem to be the one with backlit illumination of the keys.

As you discovered, unsupported keyboards will work, but they will not be "tracked," for purposes of virtualization. In these cases, you must use an application that supports passthrough images of the keyboard.

Thank you very much for your answer. If this model has a backlight, I noticed that because I saw that there were problems with those that did not have this function. Anyway as a programmer, I can't understand how bad they are at developing functions. As far as hardware is concerned, it is more than enough to do this monitoring. We are talking that the Oculus quest 1 supports the mixed reality that is offered for the quest 2 is the same, Now with the v49 update I see the avatar instead of black hands in the tracking. I really understand when Mark fires people. On the other hand, I really appreciate your advice. I'm going to buy some quest 2 because I saw what it is and it also has many flaws, they are very far from what a real mixed reality is...

@Oni_Gabrielwrote:

Anyway as a programmer, I can't understand how bad they are at developing functions. As far as hardware is concerned, it is more than enough to do this monitoring. We are talking that the Oculus quest 1 supports the mixed reality that is offered for the quest 2 is the same...

Years ago when I metamorphized (pun intended) from being a "regular" engineer to an engineering "manager," I quickly learned that just because something can be done, doesn't mean the company wants you to do it🤣

Hahahahaha you made me laugh a lot but he is very right, unfortunately not even the large losses they have had have made them see that they are going in a very bad way. The main idea was good but certain things had to be left to more hands so that it could be developed from outside. They spent more trying it themselves than paying for a third party license. Anyway, thank you very much for your answers.