cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 airlink heavy judder

tplink3r1
Honored Guest

Ever since i upgraded from my Vega 56 to an RTX 3070ti about 3 months ago, i started to experience HEAVY judder with airlink. This is what i see inside the HMD when i turn my head to look around:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/32988iCBE22A60D231B9BA/image-size/large?v=v...

Previous to this upgrade it worked flawlessly

What i have noticed is that these three things make it worse: higher refresh rates, link sharpening and opening the oculus menu while the game is running.

Any game at 120hz with link sharpening on becomes totally unplayable due to the amount of judder, despite of GPU load, even just looking around in the oculus link menu gives me a headache. Disabling sharpening cuts the judder by a lot, and setting the refresh rate to 72hz * almost* makes it go away completely, but it is still present at times. Opening the Oculus menu also seems to trigger it some times, and then it just stays there until i restart the Oculus PC app.

I do not experience this with the wired link at all, and changing the bitrate to the lowest/highest setting or changing to a PC Wi-Fi hotspot doesn't make any difference, so the issue here is clearly not primarily caused by my router, and if it was primarily caused by my GPU, i would also experience this with the link cable.

Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it completely? Being forced to play at 72hz is not something i am looking forward to, especially when this doesn't fix the problem completely.

Edit: Forgot to mention that i am on Windows 10. 

1 REPLY 1

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! We hate to hear you're experiencing display issues when your connected via airlink! We would like for you to submit a ticket with us here: https://store.facebook.com/help/support/

with your logs included so we can find out what could be causing this. 

To gather logs:

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
  2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
    • The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed the Oculus PC app to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
  3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
  4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
  5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
  6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop.
  7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.
If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!