cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest 2 negotiating no power when using Oculus Link with the offical cable, connected to USB-C port

Martin1898
Explorer

Hello

I was using an USB-A to USB-C cable, which didn't deliver enough power for the Quest 2 to keep charge when using Link. Based on reviews like this https://youtu.be/Dg9mgcBJ-ZI?t=180 I ordered the official cable so that the headset is able to charge even when in use. Unfortunately this does not work at all, even worse than the old cable, as the Quest 2 does not demand any power at all from the USB-C port. When connecting my phone to the Link cable, it charges just fine, and way faster than on the old USB-A to USB-C cable, so no problem with either the cable or the ability of the port to deliver power. As I see in many older posts, this issue was introduced with v26 of the Oculus software and newer resolved. Could you please confirm that this is an acknowledged problem of the Quest Software and that it will be fixed in one of the next updates?

1 REPLY 1

Martin1898
Explorer

I read somewhere that denying USB access data when you connect the device to the Link cable solves this problem. Tried that, but it still does not charge. Also, if I disconnect the Quest 2 from the cable, I have to replug the cable to the PC, or else the Quest 2 won't be recognized anymore when plugging in. 

Mainboard is an ASUS ROG STRX B550-E Gaming, connected to the onboard USB 3.2 Gen 2 port.

Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?