Did you mean: 

Quest 2 won't pair with PC

zoltan.kozma
Honored Guest

Hello all,

Summary

Oculus Quest 2 is unable to pair with PC via Air Link

Details

I try to connect Quest 2 to my desktop PC, and select Oculus Air Link from the headset menu. The PC appears there correctly but when highlight it then select the PAIR button, it does not execute the pairing process. The PAIR button changes to a greyed-out LAUNCH button, which is not selectable. Right under the computer name, the status reads "not connected".

Setup

PC specs

• Ryzen5 2600
  • 16 GB DDR4 RAM
  • AMD Radeon RX6700XT 

Network environment

• PC connects to a broadband modem with ethernet cable
  • Quest connects to the broadband modem's 5GHz wi-fi signal (within ~1,5 meters)
  • WIFI uses a WPA2 Personal + AES authentication
  • WIFI wireless mode: 802.1 1a+n+ac
  • WIFI: no MAC-filtering enabled
  • No VPN, external firewall or antivirus software used (just Windows Firewall)

Software

• PC - Oculus App Version 35.0.0.73.175 (35.0.0.73.175)
  • Headset system version: 21985310381400000
  • Headset version: 35.0.0.133.341.337979511
  • Headset runtime version: 35.0.0.134.341.337979021
  • Headset OS version: 21985310381400000

I have tried so far (without any success):

- Turn off / on Air link feature both on PC and headset

- Restart the system both on PC and headset

- Install the latest public beta software both on PC / headset istead of the release one

- Factory reset the Quest 2 device

- Turn off windows firewall

Issue repro rate:

20/20

Other:

- Wifi connection on the headset is working properly. 

- I'm unable to try the direct Oculus Link feature since the PC does not have an appropriate USB-C output and I don't have an adapter.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

zoltan.kozma
Honored Guest

The problem solved, Oculus support was quick. Restarting cable modem helped.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

My Q2 paired fine with my PC oculus PC desktop app using Air Link.  When I asked it to pair it gave me pairing code and asked me to confirm this.  I had to briefly look at my PC monitor and use my mouse to select the confirm button.

After that I found I didn’t need to select the air link switch on the pc settings beta tab.

if you try all this and still have problems then you’re probably best to contact Oculus support I guess.

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

zoltan.kozma
Honored Guest

The problem solved, Oculus support was quick. Restarting cable modem helped.

Great, thanks for letting us know mate.  Cheers 

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

c0dere
Honored Guest

this is with me too. but i bought a 20ft cable thinking id need it. but i was too immature to know there was air link. im being stuck so hard right now they need to fix it it won't pair up with my oculus quest 2.

how do you do it with cable? im stuck on it.😕

Hello c0dere, we know it's important to be able to use your accessories to maximize your gaming experience. You can find the instructions for connecting to your PC here. If you fun into any issues, feel free to send us a private message with the link below so we can look into this for you. We look forward to seeing you in VR!

Please click here https://metaque.st/CommunitySupport or on our name to get to our profile page, then click "Send a Message" to privately contact us. Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I had the same problem, but my solution was to change the network profile of my 5G wifi from Public to Private on my pc.

TDePro
Honored Guest

So, I had the same problem for a couple weeks.  Tried everything.  Today I decided to try and download the Meta Quest Developer App onto my Mac and voila!  It synced.  Went to my iPhone and tried to sync and it works there also now.  Why couldn't Meta tell us this?