cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest link crashes every time I try to connect to quest link via cable

huitziliiin
Honored Guest

For the past two days I haven't been able to connect to PCVR via meta quest link at all. Every time I launch quest link with my Quest 2, it fails either within seconds or within a minute or two. No amount of restarting my computer and my headset makes a difference, and for some reason Air Link won't work either.

I've previously been able to connect to my pc via cable link every day for months without too many issues, so I'm confused about why I'm suddenly unable to connect at all. I've checked and both the Meta Quest Link software and the updates on my Quest 2 say they're up to date, and I also made sure my graphics drivers are up to date, so idk what's wrong.

6 REPLIES 6

thederpyfire
Honored Guest

Same here, been casting to my phone but wanted to finally connect to PC and I have both up to date but I'm unable to connect.

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @huitziliiin! we’re just dropping in to see if we can provide some assistance. We know it's no fun to not be able to use our devices to their full capacity so we would love to help getting this issue resolved for you. With that being said, we have a few troubleshooting steps we would like to offer if you haven't tried already.

• Ensure the Oculus software whitelist in your antivirus/firewall program.
  • Is an adapter or cable extender being used?
  • Try reseating the cable on both the headset side and the side that plugs into the GPU and inspect it for damage such as bent pins, frays, twists, kinks, etc.
  • Ensure that graphics drivers updated
  • Try the headset on another computer if possible

We've seen these steps help people out in the past with the same issue you're having. We're hoping that they will do the same for you. However, if you're still having trouble after trying those steps, please don't hesitate to reach back out and let us know. Have a legendary rest of you day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Other than your last suggestion (I don't have another computer to try the headset on), I've tried your other suggestions, but I'm still having the same problem. I'm kicked out of meta quest link within a minute of loading in, if it opens at all (sometimes I just get stuck in the loading screen).

Hey again @huitziliiin! Thank you for the swift response and verifying attempting the previously provide troubleshooting steps. We're sorry this issue is ongoing for you and we would love to get this resolved for you! At this time, please select our name to get to our profile page, or click here. Next, click "Send a Message" to privately message us! Please remember, you must be signed into the community first to send us a private message. Hope to hear from you soon! Have an awesome day!

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Hey there @huitziliiin! We have received your PM, and we will assist you there! 

huitziliiin
Honored Guest

Jus wanted to follow up on this post for anyone else having similar issues. The only solution support offered was for me to buy a refurbished headset. I'm now stuck unpairing and re-pairing my headset every time I want to use it, because so far that's the only thing that works for me.

Still need help?

Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

If you need an agent to help with your Meta device, please contact our store support team here.

Having trouble with a Facebook or Instagram account? The best place to go for help with those accounts is the Facebook Help Center or the Instagram Help Center. This community can't help with those accounts.

Check out some popular posts here:

Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community

Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset

Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest

Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?